GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My PTE5858

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
Sorry I haven't updated this in a while.

Car has been running just fine. I was getting an intermittent cel for the n205, but I replaced it and haven't had an issue since *knock on wood*

Been super busy lately helping other people with their projects and haven't been spending money on the gti.

New daily gets here in about a month so I'm trying to get my debt to income down before I finance anything.

Dunno if anybody has heard anything on this little gem yet but I have one coming my way :D http://torqbyte.com/

And eventually the IE mani and more meth

Last edited:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Sorry I haven't updated this in a while.

Car has been running just fine. I was getting an intermittent cel for the n205, but I replaced it and haven't had an issue since *knock on wood*

Been super busy lately helping other people with their projects and haven't been spending money on the gti.

New daily gets here in about a month so I'm trying to get my debt to income down before I finance anything.

Dunno if anybody has heard anything on this little gem yet but I have one coming my way :D http://torqbyte.com/

And eventually the IE mani and more meth

What exactly is it? I searched and got practically nothing lol.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion

Lol it's a very new product so I'm not surprised that you didn't find anything.

From the site:

The PM3 installs in-line between the fuel pump modulator and the upgraded fuel pump to relieve the factory system from the current supply role. The PM3 is capable of continuously supplying the aftermarket fuel pump with up to 36A of current.

However, while the PM3 does the heavy lifting in terms of supplying the increased current, its circuitry emulates the exact command issued to it by the factory fuel pump modulator, which permits the ECU to remain in control of the new pump. Since the ECU is still in full control, all the familiar pump operating characteristics are retained, such as system priming when a door is opened.

Waffle

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI
Lol it's a very new product so I'm not surprised that you didn't find anything.

From the site:

The PM3 installs in-line between the fuel pump modulator and the upgraded fuel pump to relieve the factory system from the current supply role. The PM3 is capable of continuously supplying the aftermarket fuel pump with up to 36A of current.

However, while the PM3 does the heavy lifting in terms of supplying the increased current, its circuitry emulates the exact command issued to it by the factory fuel pump modulator, which permits the ECU to remain in control of the new pump. Since the ECU is still in full control, all the familiar pump operating characteristics are retained, such as system priming when a door is opened.

It looks nice, but you would still need a pump that uses the pwm that the factory pump uses. What pump do you plan on using with this?

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
DW65v + PM3?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI

Basically an upgraded lpfp control module. It intercepts the factory PWM signal between the OEM controller and pump so that the OEM controller is not directly driving the pump. It allows for a larger lpfp that needs more current which could overwork the OE controller

613B6

Ready to race!
Exactly. Looking forward to this solution.

613B6

Ready to race!
He is (as am I), however this unit is dedicated to driving the fuel pump only. Its nice to have the PM3 option for guys not needing all the bells of the CM5, and as noted either can be added to each other at any point. Without going into detail, torqbyte is dedicated to the market and these solutions.