GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2+ MKV GTI VS Stage 1 MK7 GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Mustangs are too heavy and until recently had crap suspension. They have a good soundtrack and RWD, that's their claim to fame.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Mustangs are too heavy and until recently had crap suspension. They have a good soundtrack and RWD, that's their claim to fame.

Numbers don't lie doe. Properly equipped and driven (track pack, manual, non-tool at the helm) a Mustang 5.0 runs mid to high 12s at about 111mph. The 2015s and Boss are supposed to trap around 114mph. Crap suspension or not can be argued, but there's no doubt in my mind that a live axle rwd setup is about the best possible suspension format for drag racing. Whether or not that's your thing, it's effective.

Red5pade, I'm not sure why that Boss felt like a dog to you. My friend's 2014 GT track pack car felt frigging animalistic to me; would have eaten my K04 GTI alive. Usually dealerships put shitty gas in their cars; perhaps that Boss was running 87 and way down on power as a result. Pretty much every loaner car or dealership test drive car I've ever been in has felt really slow until I put better gas into it.

Car(s)
Subaru
Red5pade, I'm not sure why that Boss felt like a dog to you. My friend's 2014 GT track pack car felt frigging animalistic to me; would have eaten my K04 GTI alive. Usually dealerships put shitty gas in their cars; perhaps that Boss was running 87 and way down on power as a result. Pretty much every loaner car or dealership test drive car I've ever been in has felt really slow until I put better gas into it.

possibly the reason. idk, i know its fast but it feels so uneventful. maybe its the lack of torque in the lower rpms or something. ive never looked at a dyno on one but felt like a truck taking off. they had a challenger r/t too and it felt faster than a 302 in the lower rpms but fell on its face pretty quick. im not calling these cars slow, just uneventful and boring to drive... imho

if given the chance to pick a car to drive everyday and have a fast car, id pick the mk7 dsg hands down. working at the dealership let me understand that. oh, i drove a newer ss camaro and that felt like the challenger too but slower than the gt. im not talking about times at a track or anything, just pure driving experience right now