GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Filmmaking Project Socal

HeartMyVeedub

Ready to race!
Hello everyone, I am looking for a unique car and owner to film very soon for an upcoming project in SOCAL.

When
Ideally the shoot would take place the weekend of December 13/14 or the weekend of December 20/21 if that weekend doesn't work for you. I would like to get an early start to the shoot so plan on showing up to our pre arranged place at 7. Ideally we would meet in Lakeview Terrace to shoot the Little Tujunga Canyon pass. If that doesn't work out, hopefully you would have some knowledge of the area with suggestions on places to shoot.

Where
The location would depend on where you live, I might be able to come to you, or maybe we can meet halfway (I live in Santa Clarita). I'd be willing to go as far north as Goleta/ Santa Barbara, as far south as Laguna Beach and as Far East as Pasadena/ Glendale.

What
Sample questions you might encounter during the interview portion:
Why do you like to mod your car?
How did you get your start modding cars?
Who are you, what do you do?
Do you have a garage or car related business you'd like to talk about?
What specific mods you've done to your car.
What was your initial goal when you set out to mod?
Have those goals changed?
Function over form, or vice versa, and why?
What's the biggest problem you've come across while modding and how did you solve it?
What do you love about the car?
What do you dislike?
What's next?
Can we catch you at any car shows across the U.S.?
Etc...

Etc..
So, lastly, I'll tell you a little bit about myself and why I'm doing this.
I've been modding cars since I was in high school. I went out and bought the GTI on a whim really, with no prior knowledge about cars or modifications. Soon enough, I was itching for more power, so I set out to do some more research online and stumbled across the golfmkv forums.

After spending countless hours debating whether or not to pony up for a stage one tune, I bit the bullet and shelled out $600 of money I had worked long and hard for as a bus boy over the last few months. Here I am now five years later at Stage 2 with full suspension and several other oemplus-style mods. Modding has slowed down for me, but my love for cars has only grown. Recently, I have developed a strong love for photography and shooting short films of cars

Why?
I envision this project as a sort of coming of age for me as a "filmmaker" (feels weird calling myself that). I feel like my skills of filmmaking have finally reached a point where I can capture an aesthetically pleasing motion picture along with a captivating story. This is the biggest project I've taken on to date but rest assured I have all the equipment needed to produce something presentable. (Car mounts, camera, lenses, slider, post production know-how, audio know-how).
This project isn't for school and I'm not being paid for it, it's realistically a chance for me to showcase my chops, so I can add to my videography portfolio. I feel like there's no better way to do it than with a project like this.

So now you might be thinking one of two things:
"Why should I show up and lend my car+time to this noob? I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and help him out with this project"
Or
"Damn this sounds like a fun little project I'd love to be a part of! Bonus for a cool (hopefully) little video at the end of it!"
Regardless of where you stand I understand, and I'd like to hear from you.

"Wrap it up"
I'm not biased to any make or model as long as it's CLEAN. Now, I WILL be pouring my heart and soul into this project so preferably, I'd love to work with someone that has done the same with their car. It doesn't matter if you mod for stance and aesthetics or more for power, bonus for a combination of both! I want to see it all.

If you think you have a car that would help me out, please don't hesitate to send me an email:
kborjamusic[at]me[dot]com

You can check my Instagram for samples of my work: kris_borja
and my flickr (it's brand new, so sorry for the sparse content):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kborjaphotography/

TL;DR
I want to take a video of your super sick modded car. Help me.

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
You could have asked me..lol