GOLFMKV

I want to buy a MKV what should i get?

LLegoLLaS

I ended up with two possible solutions:
1.4 TSI 122hp (CAXA)
1.6 FSi 116hp (BLF/BLP)
For normal-a-bit-sporty use.Everyday car
So:
fuel consuption matters (but as far as i can see they're almost the same)
Questions:
1.How future proof are them?(no major mechanical interventions)
2. The CAXA uses a belt or chain for timing?
What should i get?Thanks

Last edited:

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Wow, we don't get either of those engines here. Interesting. Our TSI has timing chains, FSI are belt. Not for sure on those though.

LLegoLLaS

the 1.6 aspirated FSI uses chain too (100% sure).The 102 hp one (MPI) uses rubber belt
I'm from europe and both are pretty easy to find
So, any opinions?(from drivers who had both or have/had any of them)
Thanks

LLegoLLaS

let's say i'm not that worried about that.I had diesel in the past and i don;t want one anymore.Diesel's quality in Romania isn't the best one and i simply want a petrol car
i think I'll opt-in for a 1.6FSI 116hp
also i don;t do many trips out of city so diesel is out

I got the FSI :) proud of my choice

Last edited:

icloudfiles

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys this is my first post (wasnt able to start a new thread). Im looking to buy a GTI MKV and found a good deal with a R title. He says it was in a wreck (previous owner) and front was damaged but nothing touched the frame or the engine. The guy who he bought it from was a VW tech and rebuild it with OEM parts. He has now had the car for 2 years and no issues. It only has 73k miles on it, cam follower checked ever 10k and diverter valve replaced. What do you think? Thanks in advance.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
There are downsides to buying a salvage vehicle. The obvious is unforseen damage, no matter how good the backstory is. The other is insurance, call your insurance company and see if they will insure a salvage vehicle. If you intend to finance it, check with your bank first, not all banks will carry notes on them because of the reduced and unknown value of the car.

Considering that most VW's depreciate rather significantly and that you can find great deals on non-salvage vehicles I would not bother with it. There are plenty of great deals out there.