GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cel help code P0507

xplicit

Go Kart Champion
Hey. My car has a cel, code P0507, it says idle air control system rpm higher than expected.

Took it to the dealer they pretty much just said it did it 3 times out of my last 6 drive cycles.

Idk if it has anyhing to do with this but I was teaching my gf to drive standard while it came on so idk.

Current mods k04 and supporting mods

vwteck1987

Passed Driver's Ed
P0507 is a fault in the Throttle valve control module J338 (Throttle Body).
Could need re-adapted, could just have a poor connection, i would try unplugging it ( car off ) check the terminals, if ok plug it back in and see if it acts up any more. I work at a dealership and ive seen just unplugging them n plugging them back in fix it...also have had to re-pin the connector for some FSI motors on different models...might be possible that her driving it caused it to through a code, its an electronic actuator so if it is used to your throttle inputs and someone else drives it ( ecspecially getting used to a clutch n RPMs going crazy ) not out of the relm of possibilities

xplicit

Go Kart Champion
thanks for the input guys,

the dealer reset the code and it hasn't come back since ive been driving it, and i probably put about 100+ miles on it and still no cel

xplicit

Go Kart Champion
it was weird, the dealer said that the car would hold above normal idle for a few seconds before it idled normally,

if something breaks because they didn't take the time to properly diagnose it im gonna blow that place up

alphabits

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'06 GLI
Yea, welcome to the realm of dealerships cutting corners. They do that constantly. There are maybe a handful of techs nationwide that actually do the job and explore all options, but most could give two shits...it isn't their car.
As for the CEL going away, I wouldn't worry about it. If it comes back, you know what to expect.