GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Have a technical question

thebolt

Golf Life
Car(s)
Golf mkV Sportline
I was at a local vw dealership the other day
And as my car was already there i asked for additional tuning (vag-com)
The tunes i asked for were:
-coming home
-leaving home
-fog cornering lights
-mirrors down on reverse
And the guy told me like “sorry man we cant do the vag tunes, you need a special computer chip for the coming/leaving home lights, also for cornering lights you need new special fog lights” all i said is OK
But here im asking you guys is this true?..or just some bullsht to avoid doing the work??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't bother the dealer with that stuff. Find someone locally who knows how to use their Vag-Com. Toss them a 6-pack and get some coding done!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Don't bother the dealer with that stuff. Find someone locally who knows how to use their Vag-Com. Toss them a 6-pack and get some coding done!

Ha.... you notice where he lives... I would love to go there, looks beautiful... would be a good excuse to take him my VAG-Com. Just need to learn how to speak Serbian.

thebolt

Golf Life
Car(s)
Golf mkV Sportline

Well here in MNE it doesbt work like that, i dont believe anyone here has the vag-com, even the workshops

thebolt

Golf Life
Car(s)
Golf mkV Sportline
Ha.... you notice where he lives... I would love to go there, looks beautiful... would be a good excuse to take him my VAG-Com. Just need to learn how to speak Serbian.

Hehe, well Montenegro is a beautiful country, especially when you know where to go and look!
Well if you ever decide to do that i would appreciate it a lot, and about the language, you need a strong will to learn it!

thebolt

Golf Life
Car(s)
Golf mkV Sportline
Could buy it from Ross Tech and start coding peoples cars for money...just saying

Like that wasnt an option i was thinking about, but i dont have extra 200-300 to spend on buying the VCDS
Also the bussines idea wouldnt work here good either, ppl here dont even know about that

Pudding

Passed Driver's Ed
The Highline display can do coming home / leaving home via the stalk menu, plus a load of other stuff like footwell lighting brightness level etc.

What display do you have?

Mirror dip and fogs will need coding unfortunately.

vwengineer

Ready to race!
I was at a local vw dealership the other day
And as my car was already there i asked for additional tuning (vag-com)
The tunes i asked for were:
-coming home
-leaving home
-fog cornering lights
-mirrors down on reverse
And the guy told me like “sorry man we cant do the vag tunes, you need a special computer chip for the coming/leaving home lights, also for cornering lights you need new special fog lights” all i said is OK
But here im asking you guys is this true?..or just some bullsht to avoid doing the work??

Well it might be somewhat true.

- For coming home / leaving home you need the light sensor (because it only works when it's dark) so if you don't have auto lights on/off then you can't have it.
- For cornering fog lights you need a recent comfort module for example my 2005 can't do it
- For right mirror down on reverse (because it's only the right one) chances are that you don't have the good passenger module, nor the good motor (with memory) if you don't have the electric folding mirrors