GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Technical Discussions > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust
Eurotek Tuning

Old 09-21-2016, 11:42 AM   #551
ROH ECHT
K04 PLAY

Drives: 2007 mkv gti
Be gentle with the three bolt torque. Turn each bolt just a bit at a time as you tighten them...when all are snug...back one off, re-snug just to make contact. Then do the same to the other two. Finally apply the same force to all three and not too much as you just need the bolt not to loosen...the o-ring will seal it.

I've been replacing CF's every 10k miles since 58k miles...at 131k now. Originally I thought of doing the roller CF conversion but decided the cost for that would cover 10 new CF's and so I just kept replacing them.

I always hand snugged those 3 bolts but still had to do a heli-coil in the cam tension cover and eventually had to replace the cover itself when I noticed earlier this year that the hpfp was barely hanging on due to a second bolt hole in need of a heli-coil. If you upgrade the hpfp and are looking at replacing CF's as often as 10k to 15k miles...and are expecting to keep the car...I would now suggest doing a roller cam-follower conversion.

Given there is just one outfit making them right now...and it being the third or fourth one to come and go...there may not be a roller follower available in the future. I just wish that VW, instead of extending the CF warranty, would've offered a roller follower conversion instead.
GIAC K04&DSG files/AWE DV/APR HPFP/Torqbyte PM3/TTRS LPFP/S3 INJ's&fmic/RS4 fprv/FORGE fmtc,WG act.&TB HOSE/Techtonics TB/Custom Turbo Outlet/BSH Mounts/NEUS. P-FLO&throttle pipe/13.2"BBK/W.A.L.K./H&R SS/H&R F&R-ARB's/Bilstein B8 Dampers My Dragtime link-GIAC tune2007 Volkswagen GTI : 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH
ROH ECHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:59 PM   #552
gtiboy87
GTI ON CRACK!!

Drives: Stg 3 MKV GTI
I am still alive and around. Apparently, photobucket now charges 299$ a year for 3rd party sharing. All of the photos I have attached to this thread of been disabled. SORRY
Old 07-26-2017, 01:39 AM   #553
ROH ECHT
K04 PLAY

Drives: 2007 mkv gti
I know...went and pulled all of my own pics from PB and moved them over to Flickr...probably just a matter of time before they want $$$. I didn't go through all my threads to re-post pics...that would be a monster task I am unwilling to endure.
GIAC K04&DSG files/AWE DV/APR HPFP/Torqbyte PM3/TTRS LPFP/S3 INJ's&fmic/RS4 fprv/FORGE fmtc,WG act.&TB HOSE/Techtonics TB/Custom Turbo Outlet/BSH Mounts/NEUS. P-FLO&throttle pipe/13.2"BBK/W.A.L.K./H&R SS/H&R F&R-ARB's/Bilstein B8 Dampers My Dragtime link-GIAC tune2007 Volkswagen GTI : 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH
ROH ECHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:11 PM   #554
vwengineer
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Golf 5 GTI (stock AXX)
Hey guys,

I did it today and was really stressed because my car has 308100km (191444 miles) and it had never been done!

You can see the result here:

As you can see, it looks really good
I replaced it since it was open but the surface is totally flat and it seems that there is a lot of material left.

My car is a 2005 with AXX engine, I guess the camshaft is revision A since the car is one of the first MKV GTI.

The oil used has always been 5W-30 but it has to be said that the car was not really respected by the previous owner (which I happen to know) and was routinely abused when cold, even though the engine uses virtually no oil (like 1L/10'000km).

However it seems that after the replacement the car makes a higher tickling noise than before. Does the new follower has to bed in? Any idea?

Last edited by vwengineer; 10-19-2017 at 06:13 AM.
vwengineer is online now   Reply With Quote