GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

raceland better then Ksport

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
You aren't the first to notice deficiencies with Ksport. They use the same damper for every vehicle in their line-up, and it seems they use the same valve stack with all of them also. Their logic is that a a car that weighs half as much just needs a spring with half the rate and all will be right. That works in the bound settings, but for rebound, things get bumpy because it's rebounding harder than it should. And that's where the bounciness comes from. Even if the valve stack is different, the valve head needs to be changed. There's only so much you can do knocking off others designs. It's a knock-off D2 design, which wasn't exactly original to begin with. It seems like the real difference in coilovers is with the shock and not the aluminum housings, rings, anodized orange color, etc. It's the things you can't see that make the difference. In the same price range, Koni makes a good product that can be re-valved fairly inexpensively and Ground Control will give you a threaded coilover to fit those shocks. For ride comfort or performance, it's not bad. But people are drawn to the cheapness of the mass produced Chinese kits. In the end we all wind up purchasing multiple suspensions. We just have to waste our money at first and make China a little bit richer before realizing that what we really need is something that lasts and can be adapted to however our tastes change.

smartHatchMK5

shhhh i'm hunting wabbits
I'm still confused, you say it handles great, but rides like ass. So which is it? and 3/36? holy shit bro, of course its bouncy, you gotta stiffen those bitches up the lower you go. I'm not even low and I'm at 28/36.

sorry i had the numbers mixed up..if the higher the number is stiffer then i had it 3 clicks away from full stiff.. and you need to re-read some of my earlier post. i said if you put the all the collars in. and run the coil like its suppose to be ran. then it rides ok and handle really really good.. but if you take the collars out and go LOW then it rides way different=ass.. because the spring is not longer pre-loaded at that point.

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
sorry i had the numbers mixed up..if the higher the number is stiffer then i had it 3 clicks away from full stiff.. and you need to re-read some of my earlier post. i said if you put the all the collars in. and run the coil like its suppose to be ran. then it rides ok and handle really really good.. but if you take the collars out and go LOW then it rides way different=ass.. because the spring is not longer pre-loaded at that point.

Now it all makes sense to me, so you are using the coils not how they were designed and you are complaining, hmmmmm ok I stand corrected than.

smartHatchMK5

Now it all makes sense to me, so you are using the coils not how they were designed and you are complaining, hmmmmm ok I stand corrected than.

no. i had to use them not how they were designed to try to go lower then my Racelands. but they claim they go low safely. but they don't and i'm not running them like that. so no! i'm not "trying" to run them how they were not designed.

anybody want to buy some brand new v3's? 800$?

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Homework would have told you that the V3's do not go as low as the previous gens but have the best ride out of them. When I had Ksport V3's, I was under 23" FTG and it rode like I expected, a little rough bc they arent meant to be slammed out. To say Racelands are better than Ksports is a little too far fetched for me to believe, but whatevs, its your car and butt feeling.

If you want to go loooooowww and ride comfortably, you have to pay to play. I.e. B&G's, Ultralows, etc.

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
no. i had to use them not how they were designed to try to go lower then my Racelands. but they claim they go low safely. but they don't and i'm not running them like that. so no! i'm not "trying" to run them how they were not designed.

Would love to see this so called "claim" your speaking of about going low safely, cuz I'm pretty sure they don't say that, but I'd be interested to see.

healthynine

Ready to race!
not trying to hate, but you clearly aren't running them the way they are intended if you are pulling two of the three collars off. That being said, I'm planning on buying these coils at some point.

If you really wanted low, why didn't you buy the ultralows? The design of the ksports allow it to go low, but I don't know that it was the main intent.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
One is twin tube and one is mono tube. Mono tube usually rides easier because it has lower pressure gas and requires less initial force to move the shock.

I'm almost completely with you in most points, but with one single exception:

Mono tube gas pressure shocks have higher gas pressure compared to most twin tube dampers.
That's why Bilsteins and other monos slightly lift the car a bit. :wink:

K-Sport is overpriced - right. But Raceland is even worse. I'd go for Koni, KW V1/V2
or Bilstein B14 at this price range. Pay less and you get less.

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
LOL

What do you guys expect? The OP is from a female... Theyre never satisfied with anything.

smartHatchMK5

not trying to hate, but you clearly aren't running them the way they are intended if you are pulling two of the three collars off. That being said, I'm planning on buying these coils at some point.

If you really wanted low, why didn't you buy the ultralows? The design of the ksports allow it to go low, but I don't know that it was the main intent.

why didn't i buy ultralows or fk's ect.. because from all the feedback and reviews i read. i was under the impression these coils go low just like ultralows & FK's.... and i thought that could be achieved with out having to take anything out.. but that's not true, and that's the wholeeeeeee point of this thread.

KsportJade

Hey Ladies and Gents, I thought I would just step in here and thank the people who are backing up and support our product.

Regarding the OPs issue, sorry our coilovers didnt go low enough for your needs but the suspension is not designed to "go low" its is designed to perform. The lower you go in most cases the worse the performance is. We dont advertise our suspension as being the "lowest" coilover out there because in reality its not and that is not how a product should be advertised. As for removing collars that is one thing we will never ever recommend nor should any other shops/dealers either since that will just lead to issues down the line.

If you guys do have any questions about our suspension please direct all questions to me via this forum or email Jade@ksportusa.com

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

smartHatchMK5

BTW maybe the title of this thread is a little off. yes they are better then raceland in way's, but if your looking to go low then even cheap racelands go lower then k's....

KsportJade

why didn't i buy ultralows or fk's ect.. because from all the feedback and reviews i read. i was under the impression these coils go low just like ultralows & FK's.... and i thought that could be achieved with out having to take anything out.. but that's not true, and that's the wholeeeeeee point of this thread.

I am still lost to how because something goes lower it makes it better?

Would you consider JRZ Suspension lower quality than Raceland beause they dont go lower? (I hope not...)

smartHatchMK5

I am still lost to how because something goes lower it makes it better?

Would you consider JRZ Suspension lower quality than Raceland beause they dont go lower? (I hope not...)

no. the k's are not doubt made better then the racelands. the point is the k's can't safely go as low as racelands can safely.

i'm not here to bash ksport and say there bad coils. there great if your looking for handling. but if your looking for slam action these are not the coils for you. point blank.