GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE FORMULA 1 THREAD

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
Just finished watching some of the re-run on speed since i missed it last night. I'm mad how Ferrari has 0 points after 3 races, wtf happened to them this season. Vettel is a pretty amazing driver, did he ever spin out in the race? I dont think he did, while most others did. I dont think he even went off on that one turn where everyone was going off. Red Bull has a nice car. I wanna see a nice dry race now!

Myfast_GTI

Super User
Ferrari has been far from reliable this season. I never saw Vettel spin, or go off track once, he's a young talent and continues to impress me.

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
I just think alot of the big name teams, Ferrari, Mercedes, BMW, are having problems with the new cars. It seems like the lower teams that use to not be the big players are rising to the top while the other ones try to catch up. I do not know why, may they are not use to to the new style and have to change over a lot of engineering ways and what not. But it was a good race, and glad to see Red Bull finally win a race!

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
An entertaining race for sure, but it would be nice to see a whole race started and completed in the dry and without the aid of the SC.

It was funny to hear the Speed announcers saying how great Hambone was in the rain and he spun or went off track at least 3 times? I need to watch the racing live with the BBC stream as the audio.

Myfast_GTI

Super User
I just think alot of the big name teams, Ferrari, Mercedes, BMW, are having problems with the new cars. It seems like the lower teams that use to not be the big players are rising to the top while the other ones try to catch up. I do not know why, may they are not use to to the new style and have to change over a lot of engineering ways and what not. But it was a good race, and glad to see Red Bull finally win a race!

Brawn was the Honda team last year... they practically gave up middle to late last season. From what I understood, is that Honda already had started development of the 2009 car, while Ferrari, McLaren, BMW were still focused on last season. Honda/Brawn (now Mercedes powered) had 18 months of R&D while the other teams had approx. 6/8 months... that's more than twice as much trial and error. McLaren Mercedes made a markeble improvement in Shanghai... though that could be attributed to both Hamilton and Kovalainen being great drivers in the rain, and nothing to do with their modified diffuser.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I really like the speed coverage of it, but how are you guys getting the BBC coverage? is it online or do yall have dish? Also who is announcing for BBC?

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid