GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

electric gremlin living in my car for free!

MADgolFER

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 MkV
another vw electrical problem i suppose.. but its pissing me off!!! about once a week i start my car and i see that my clock has been resetted :iono: And THEN about every other time i start my car my windows forget their autoup/down feature so i have to hold the switches up for about 3 seconds!!! :mad0259:
WTF is going on?!??:help:

v-dub89

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, me lately the windows auto-setting doesnt always work. I decided to blame it on the cold weather, until proven otherwise.

angrybaker

banned
when you buy a vw, you get a vw

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'd check for a loose battery cable, for one. If battery power is lost at any point, it seems likely that you'd need to reset Pinch Protection, as outlined in the manual. Maybe that's why the auto up/ down isn't working?

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
i have trouble with the auto up thing too. it is a problem with the sensor that stops the window from moving up when there is something in it's way. it is too sensitive and thinks something is in the window while it is being rolled up. i think you can turn off that feature and eliminate the problem. but then you run the risk of smashing your buddy's are in the window when you roll it up - which can be kinda fun!

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
auto up/down goes in and out for me sometimes as well. only started happening in the winter, so i'd blame it on the cold.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
cold whether fux with your stuff. my windows sometimes take a second. so my car isn't an honor student, it's a kid in the 4B special room.

i still love it.

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
I had this happen too.

press and hold the buttons to fullly open and close the windows, then again when fully opened and closed

window up
push and hold down till window is down
release, push and hold for another second
window down
lift and hold till window is up
release, lift and hold for another second.

turn car off and back on.

that fixed it for me when one touch fucked up on my passenger window.

pho1982

Ready to race!
It is due to bad ground point.
I had same problem a year ago.
just take it to dealer.
They will find a bad ground point and re ground.

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
It is due to bad ground point.
I had same problem a year ago.
just take it to dealer.
They will find a bad ground point and re ground.

I think that in my case, the minor tweaking of the door frame from having it being forced open and closed fixed the loose ground point, or I had a different problem entirely... :rolleyes:

GTMK5_TJ

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT
check the battery, when i took off my battery for some mods it did the same for a couple.... but afterwards it came back to its original state... mods were done in may hence cold weather not being an issue in my situation

MADgolFER

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 MkV
hmm... i checked the battery and i think its fine... all the connections are secure... im checking the splice point for my boost gauge power cable for the third time tomorrow...

GTMK5_TJ

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT
any update... really curious as to what it could possibly end up being