GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who's Stopping You?

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
but seein all the sht thats been flying around, all i have to say is that you're all WRONG....just get an S3....u get bigger brakes, a K04, AND QUATTRO!!! (you do lose 2 doors and the respect of your previous VW Golf bretheren...but yeh still faster around the track! :p)

S3 is available in 5 door.

DJ_5001

Premier Wheelman
S3 is available in 5 door.

tru.... 3 door is better tho.... the extra $$ for 2 extra doors aint worth it...honestly, who can put a price on watchin the hotties bend over to get into the back seat :biggrin: ....oh sorry, what was i saying.....ummm yeh my brakes are better, my turbo is bigger, my internals are stronger, i have more grip and yeh.....Andy's a tool...... :sm3: :fighting0030:

Peace.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Not sure what S3 has to do with brakes, but the 5 door S3 just doesn't look sporty at all i'm sorry.. definitely not as good as a 5 door Golf R32/GTI.

Even so the asking money for an S3 over an R32 is a bit steep. have to draw the line somewhere how much you spend on a hatch back :lol:. The lag would be pretty bad around town with a K04 which would mean you have to mod it. I prefer better throttle control.

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
Good to see you are happy with your S3, I personally think they are not worth the money.

Everything you said is correct regarding bigger in everything, but to me they feel sloppy & the lag...RS3 & TT-RS is where Audi will excel.

I still remember you at the Crows Nest GJ GTG :thumbsup:

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
So.. and this is probably a dumb question, why do we not have more peeps fitting .:R32 brakes to GTI's:.? /// {} ;'*&^%:biggrin:

I suppose the OEM R32 brakes would cost too much from the spare parts department, and wouldn't be worthwhile.

Good to see you are happy with your S3, I personally think they are not worth the money.

Everything you said is correct regarding bigger in everything, but to me they feel sloppy & the lag...RS3 & TT-RS is where Audi will excel.

You forgot to mention shocking Audi resale, like when i got screwed over selling my B5 Audi.. never again! :lol:, still don't have the BMW name either in most folks eyes (although Audi's offerings are much better IMO).

They are awesome cars, but i'd rather an S4, RS4, or TTRS even if they were a year or two old.

DJ_5001

Premier Wheelman
yeh... i agree the gti and r32 better throttle response, but i love the top end of the S3.....all the way to redline w00t w00t! the lag isnt as bad as you think, u just have to treat it like a different car...the lag is no where near as bad as the WRX... i found taht once i got used to it, i didnt find an issue.....after a few months with the S, and then driving Stu's car, i could definitely feel the difference both in in power and handling.....stu's car is no slouch, but the S definitely had more refinement (in it's stock form) it didnt beat the new evo, and new sti in the drive and motor mag (or top gear) for nothing!

TT-RS would be awesome....! the only downside is that i could only fit torso's in the back seat.....

but for all intents a purposes, i wouldnt get a euro car for the track, mainly cos of the cost of parts n labour and availability.......no harm in upgrading for spirit drives n light track days, but if u wanna get decent times, jap cars prolly best bang for ur buck, esp over the long run.....

only reason my S3 hasnt been to the track is omfg if something went wrong, my wallet will be crying for months....

i dont regret payin the extra for the gti, the awd grip alone is reason enough :)

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
I suppose the OEM R32 brakes would cost too much from the spare parts department, and wouldn't be worthwhile.

I also wonder if they'll fit behind the standard 17's on the GTI or if you'd have to go to the 18's ??? :iono:

I really don't know much about this stuff, and this Question probably shows it..

Wouldn't of even thought of it except I just watched ep 3 of Top Gear UK and saw Hammond and May phuq up with the brakes on the Renault Uglyarsewhateveritwas.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
yeh... i agree the gti and r32 better throttle response, but i love the top end of the S3.....all the way to redline w00t w00t! the lag isnt as bad as you think, u just have to treat it like a different car...

Don't get me wrong, I still love the S3 - it would be a weapon on the track, which is what it's built for.. Given what i've spend on mods on the R32 i could have got an S3 with the differenec. But i then i may have ended up modding that, and spent even more...

but for all intents a purposes, i wouldnt get a euro car for the track, mainly cos of the cost of parts n labour and availability.......no harm in upgrading for spirit drives n light track days, but if u wanna get decent times, jap cars prolly best bang for ur buck, esp over the long run.....

That's why I don't really want to track mine. Would be a bit of ware and tare and parts/labor are a killer once these cars get old (unless you do the work yourself).

With that in mind it would almost be better to get a second track car like an S14 Nissan or toyota sprinter and hit some drift work :wink:

Last edited:

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07

moomoonel

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Can you turn off the EBD in Golf GTI?
I can't remember :biggrin:

moomoonel

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
OK

First of all...Great setup, Matt :thumbsup:

You can control a lot of the effects of wheel spin, understeering etc, by being a good driver (know when to press the accelerator) and taking the right racing lines. I have tracked my car and I don't feel the need for the LSD as yet. You got to remember my car is very different from Matts. I kept the stock rims etc.

Secondly...GTILIN...by looking at what you said...YES you have been to the track, and I can tell your car is fast on straight. But obviously your speed is not fast enough (in corners) to notice why LSD is needed. :wink:

Finally...YouSnooze *patpat* :smile: