GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2009 GTI w/ TSI - Time bomb?

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Yea it's getting up there. There is another member here who has more than I do. I think his handle is GTI4John. There's a thread he started a while back documenting his mileage and results. It was his thread that convinced me to do it.

I will look for it:thumbsup:

Neopork

Passed Driver's Ed

Super cool GTI's, thanks for providing this. This actually builds my confidence a bit just knowing someone else has done it this way and also knowing that you don't need the full timing kit to just replace the tensioner.

Btw, since this is my thread, I have an update:
I just got the ABS recall completed - they had to replace the whole control module. Thank god I didn't have to pay for that...
While they had the car, i asked them to check out the seized camber bolts on the rear upper control arms. Both are seized and they recommended replacing the control arms (upper only) and hardware. They quoted my $285 for each control arm(not including labor), which as you may know is a $36 part from ECS tuning. Total quote was over $550 per side.

Currently, I am planning to DIY and cut out the old camber bolts, swap the control arms (replacing just bushing is going to be a huge PITA) and then go get a damn alignment finally.