GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Getting 19's need to know if 19x8.5 ET35 will fit

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
The diameter of the wheel doesn't mean anything assuming you're using the proper tire, an 8.5" wheel with a +35 is a terrible fit on these cars, I don't care if so and so's brother is running it with a stretched tire, they just don't look good IMO. Wheels with that fitment are made for Benz and Audi first, they do not have the MkV in mind when producing them.

Golf-V-GT

Burn the lies
8" wide rims with ET 35 even rub when you go a little deeper...8,5 you need ET 40 MAXIMUM..heres a pic 8,5" and ET 44 ...so ET 35 will be 1 cm (0.4 inch) more on the outside

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG
how about with some fender work? could i prevent most of the rubbing? if not, how about 18x8.5 ET 35?

why do people think that the outer diameter is going to change if they change wheel sizes? if you use the correct tires the outer diameter will always be around 25" whether you're on a 15 or a 22. the issue here is the offset, not the diameter.

teejayta2

Go with something along the lines of an et40 or higher. A 18x8.5 et35 would be much better than a 19". If you must make sure you get a stretch on those tires(get something along the lines of 215/35/18), roll the fenders, and do the fender screw mod.
[emoji121]️[emoji121]️[emoji121]️

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk