GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: 2007 VW GTI Fahrenheit Edition (#981/1200)

fahrenheit.981

Ready to race!
Greetings! - It's time to say goodbye to the MK5, since I now have a MK7.

Why not keep both, you ask? - Well, having 3 cars and a 2-car garage is not conducive to a happy wife, especially when her Touareg is the one that stays outside.

It's got just over 111K miles on the clock. It's completely stock (w/the exception of an APR Stage 1 tune), and it's had it's 100K-mile service not too long ago that included:

• New battery;
  • R8 coil packs;
  • NGK spark plugs; and
  • New timing belt kit (w/metal impeller).

I'm sure there's more my mechanic did, but that's what I can remember for now. I'll include all service documents w/the sale.

Everything works. It's in great condition, as it's been garage-kept and not daily-driven for the past couple of years. There's one ding from a grocery store cart on the drivers-side front fender, and another ding on the hood from a rogue rock from a rock truck. They're pics #6 & #7 in the CL ad (link in the next post).

Lastly, it's got a clear-bra from the factory, so it's been protected (and babied, frankly).

Here's the price: $5,000.00 FIRM. Carmax has offered me very close to that, and I must make a decision by this Thursday, so I will not go down one penny (that's right, not even $4999.99), because it'd not be worth the headache to do a private-party sale if I don't get that number ($5K).

Why not just sell to Carmax, you ask? - Well, I'd rather see another enthusiast enjoy the Fahrenheit's second life.

Note: The only "issue" is that the airbag light is on. I had it diagnosed by Blair Automotive in Carrollton, TX, and they confirmed that no airbags are defective. The defective piece that's triggered the airbag code is the drivers-side seatbelt buckle's sensor. Let me restate though - There's no defect w/either the airbag or the buckle, just the sensor itself. I've included a picture to prove that's the only light on (and mileage).

No - I'm still not negotiating the price based on that defect.

Disclaimer: All sales are as-is and final. Will only meet in a public place to sign contract w/a notary present. Will only accept either cash or cashiers check. If by cashiers check, title will not change hands until the check clears.

Thanks Everyone!

- Edward :thumbsup:

Last edited: