GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tint

AK_Rabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
an ox cart
I haven't used them for tint, but I know Metropolitan Detail in Bellevue does it. I've been really happy with all of the other services they offer and I know that they do the UV style application for Tint with the good 3M stuff. That said, they are kind of pricey. I think the quote I got for all said and done on the Mini Cooper I had the last time I was in was $450 for 10% everywhere but the windshield. But that may have involved doing double layers or special order since I think they only stock down to state legal limit of 35%.

I've also heard really good things about Accutint. They're the goto for the Merc dealer in Seattle and I think they've got a location in Bellevue.

kdisjubjub

shhh I'm hunting wabbits
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Great! Thank you for the response. I'll check out both shops and get quotes. Do you think I would have a hard time with cops if I go 20%? The legal limit in Washington is now 24%

AK_Rabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
an ox cart
I ran 11% in my STI, 20% in my mini and 15% in my last GTI and have never had trouble with the police.

TAI1FOB

Jays Tint shop in Kirkland is good. I think it was around 250 to have the whole car tinted except front windshield. he uses good film, and same price for any %. I had 20% before, but removed it to put 35% on, because it was too hard to see at night.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
Just keep in mind that there is a bit of a stock tint and you'll be a tad darker than the film suggests... but since you aren't staying within the legal limits anyways it's not gonna make a huge difference. I just know a few people with 35% have gotten nailed by nit picky cops

kdisjubjub

shhh I'm hunting wabbits
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Jays Tint shop in Kirkland is good. I think it was around 250 to have the whole car tinted except front windshield. he uses good film, and same price for any %. I had 20% before, but removed it to put 35% on, because it was too hard to see at night.

Sweet I'll check them out too! I think my buddy got his done there too.

Just keep in mind that there is a bit of a stock tint and you'll be a tad darker than the film suggests... but since you aren't staying within the legal limits anyways it's not gonna make a huge difference. I just know a few people with 35% have gotten nailed by nit picky cops

Mine is completely fish bowl, I don't think there's any stock tint on it. Yeah it won't be legal either way haha.