GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying Fully Loaded 2006, Good Deal?

langer

i fix teefs
Sorry guys been kind of busy! Just did an oil change today, the guy definitely did not hand tighten the cap for the oil filter housing. It was stuck on there like nobody's business. I had to cut the string so I could take off the housing. Will post up pictures tomorrow.

Hand tighten? It's easy to over torque the housing, even with a short socket.

michail77

Go Kart Champion
The resale value on these cars seem to do rather well. In '09 I paid 16K for my '07. The resale on TDIs is even crazier.

I'm still happy with mine as I don't like some of the design directions of the MK6. VW seems to want to be like Honda.

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
I have purchased an 06 GTI with 85k on the clock for 7,500! It needs new tires, and the 80k DSG service. It also has a problem with the air flapper motor behind the glovebox, is missing the rear cup holder, the rear AC vents aren't working, there is a dent in the bumper behind the rear right wheel, and it is missing the tow eye cap. This car is definitely a piece of work, but I'm sure that after 500 for tires, 200 for a DSG oil change and DSG fluid change, and maybe another hundred for the air circulator motor, it will be in decent shape! I'm currently taking off the plastidip off of the wheels because they were poorly done and it kind of sucks because the guy sprayed thin coats that don't even cover the whole wheel. Right now though, I am working with him to get it s****** because it is his responsibility to get it smogged. I definitely learned my lesson that I shouldn't have rushed the buy because he didn't smog it yet so I went with him today to get it smogged but it failed the visual inspection because of his carbonio intake. He said he will buy another intake for me so I can pass smog and register the car. It just kind of sucks because it is 40 min each way to meet up with him.

where are the pics?

congrats btw