GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ROTA WHEELS?

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32
All wheels have some failures. The STi was destroyed if you know the backstory to that. Rota's make decent wheels.

would you seriously risk totaling your GTI b/c you want a set of "cool" wheels if a wheel manufacturer is known to have serious flaws like 1 piece cast wheels becoming 2 piece dont buy them why take the risk? ... just my $0.02

nj2tn

Ready to race!
I've actually seen the manufacturing plant for the wheels. It's not a cheap shit operation, it's pretty impressive.

IMO a cast wheel is a cast wheel. From ASA's to Rota's to all that other shit, all the same.

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32
I've actually seen the manufacturing plant for the wheels. It's not a cheap shit operation, it's pretty impressive.

IMO a cast wheel is a cast wheel. From ASA's to Rota's to all that other shit, all the same.

they are all in the same boat to me i would much rather have a well made wheel that will bend if you seriously hit something rather than have a cheap wheel that will break and shatter

labelskate

Deutschland MKV
Car(s)
mkv gti
would you seriously risk totaling your GTI b/c you want a set of "cool" wheels if a wheel manufacturer is known to have serious flaws like 1 piece cast wheels becoming 2 piece dont buy them why take the risk? ... just my $0.02

I would definitely put rota's on my car if they had decent offsets

if you hit major shit in an expensive rim it could shatter too... no rims are retard proof. plus rota has been known to reimberse you if you get a defective batch.

what they don't spend in r&d they can spend on materials and machines. They just blatantly steal the wheel designs so they are good to go from there. The reason why you hear of so many failures is because so many people buy these wheels across all the car scenes.

labelskate

Deutschland MKV
Car(s)
mkv gti
But will they reimburse damage done to your car by the defective/ poorly made wheel?

can't win with you... I don't know many people who would drive home on a cracked wheel.

I don't even have rota's but I know lots of people with them with no problems. People don't understand that even really expensive wheels will crack/bend/warp if you hit big enough things.

kidaerc

V= IR
+ arnt they made in the philippines? what good comes from there lol

everybody knows its an inexpensive wheel. only stupid asses will run these wheels in autox or some high hp cars.I've had $2000 wheels that bended and become unserviceable. better watch your mouth in this forum before everybody in VA pacquiao's your ass.

JudgementDEY

Euro tuned Freak
Car(s)
MKV GTI
dam thank god i didnt get them I was planning on getting new wheels thsi month and they where at the top of my list but no I know big Mistake!

I think ill go with some oz's 17in light and durable!

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32
ill end with this:
Sure i know all wheels can break (everything can break) it is just that some wheels tend to break easier than others

They might work ok if you dont drive too hard but why would you trust a wheel that has been proven to fail? in more than one occasion

and if the wheels were to break like the ones in this picture dont you think that would do some damage to your vehicle?

Attachments

• heliumcrack1.jpg
    heliumcrack1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 127,622
  • 100_0922.jpg
    100_0922.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 69,826