GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

autobahn package?

One-Dub

Car(s)
2008 UG GTI
I ordered my GTI (which is coming in two weeks :happyanim: ) with the Autobahn package. I did a test drive in a GTI with the cloth seats and really did not like to feel of them, just my opinion. Plus, you get a bunch of other little perks with the package, like a better sound system. Also, if you take good care of the leather, you shouldn't really have any problems. I also sat in a .:R32 with the leather seats, and I loved it, they had a really nice feel to them and gripped you pretty well. You should probably see for yourself at the dealer to make a real decision. :smile:

KaJ

Ready to race!
Leather seats are nice (plus heated), just clean/condition them every once in a while. I didn't like the look and feel of the cloth seats.

I actually really like the premium (external amp) sound on my 4 door 08. It is way, way better than any other car I've owned. Seems to have great range and just the right amount of bass.

Not to mention the sunroof obviously comes with that package.

Only thing that kind of disliked is that they took out the dual climate controls. But I guess that is one less thing to break later on.

MURFDAWG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Im buying a GTI in the next month, if you guys had the extra cash would you get the autobahn package? What do you guys prefer the leather seats or the classic interlogos seats?

I got the autobahn: comes with

sunroof, a premium audio system, leather upholstery and heated front seats.

The seats will be much easier to keep clean and wear free. [leather holds up better than cloth]. The audio is great and if you are in cold weather the heated seats are nice as well. I think the heated mirrors and windshield washer jets come to you with this package as well. Oh, I forgot the sunroof. For me that's a must. Over all for $3K you have all useable good stuff with no 'fluff'. All of these [leather seats included] are available ala carte. Choose your favorites

KaJ

Ready to race!
The more I read the more I think I got a great deal on my car.. I paid 24798 before taxes/registration... thats a 4door 08 White GTI DSG with autobahn and rear airbags.

I got a car with the autobahn package for around the same price as other dealers wanted for the base car.

I had to call around a lot to find it though, most people wanted around 26-29 for the same car. I bought mine here in SoCal at the end of August which is a good time to buy I guess.

In my opinion, you should get it but not overpay for it either. :biggrin:

ekk20

Go Kart Champion
i love the cloth, if I had leather as standard and cloth as an option I think would still pay more for cloth, i just love the way it looks.

Buran

The seats are a preference thing. Go to your local dealer and try both. I originally planned on Package 1 but I sat in a package 2 and liked those seats much more. (The packages changed in 08, so that'd be base vs. autobahn now). They're shaped differently, so there's more to it than the cover material.

I also like the easy-clean aspect of the leather seats -- I haven't had problems with them being boiling hot in the summer so far, either.

I think you can now get heated cloth, though, which you couldn't in 07. Or is that just on the Rabbit?

rcnu71299

Ready to race!
The more I read the more I think I got a great deal on my car.. I paid 24798 before taxes/registration... thats a 4door 08 White GTI DSG with autobahn and rear airbags.

I got a car with the autobahn package for around the same price as other dealers wanted for the base car.

I had to call around a lot to find it though, most people wanted around 26-29 for the same car. I bought mine here in SoCal at the end of August which is a good time to buy I guess.

In my opinion, you should get it but not overpay for it either. :biggrin:

That's a great price...I'm jealous now. I paid 23,800 for a 4dr 08 with sunroof and premium sound...it's stick though... good job negotiating

MkVBlkMgc

Wir wollen lebensraum!
Car(s)
'08 GTI DSG
I liked the feel of the leather seats better than the cloth. I've already done some 5 hour drives in my '08 2dr w/autobahn pkg and experienced almost no fatigue - the top sport seats rule! Plus, I like the more upscale feel of the leather interior.

Just sit in both and pick the seats that are the most comfortable for you. Just don't overpay - there is slow demand in the marketplace for new cars, so negotiate your a$$ off. I got a 2dr. w/autobahn, huffs, and DSG for 24k + ttl, so there are deals to be had out there.

Good luck - you'll love the GTI, whatever options you get.

ssabripo

a/v guru
Car(s)
08 GTI
Autobahn is a great package...absolutely worth it!

oh, and I don't think anyone is gonna beat the deal I got!! :lol:.......4door 08, manual, autobahn, votex kit, iPod, 18" huffs.....for a lease of

$250/month!!! ;)