What is RSMark5 working on now!?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI

Oh you have a red saab? me too! Cant wait to see it back on the road

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Oh, so I shifted gears a little bit with toys. Tired of paying registration and insurance on things I hardly ever use.

So bought this mustang for $200

Parted it out for a bunch of cash.

Scrapped the rest

Went to go buy a Mercedes 300E with a buddy of mine, but came home with this instead

Just an 06 Honda Rancher 350 4x4 ES. Deal was too good to pass up and it had been 10 years since I had an ATV of some type. So this summer was the time.

First things first, got to have some wheels and tires.

26x9x12 and 26x11x12 Maxxis Zillas.

Going to need a winch for sure. Superwinch Terra 35 3500lb winch and KFI mounting plate.

Winch complete. It was kind of a PITA to install

Life was getting weird, I hadn't had a dog since I was 17. So I got a goldendoddle puppy named Muppet to keep me company.

Never fun to ride alone so this guy we work with sometimes offered these up. $40 for the pair.

86 Honda TRX250 and a 9? yamaha something. They got torn down and the Honda actually showed some signs of life. Either way it was more work than it was worth so we sold them both. Got $380 out of them both eventually.

Still needed a 2nd bike so paid $500 for this 93 Honda Fourtrax 300 that needed a rear end.

Rebuilt the rear end with all new bearings, new pinion and ring gear. It was put together improperly and was missing a couple parts which caused an early destruction. $225 in parts or so. Not the end of the world.

Its only 2wd but this things a beast.

Then me and my buddy Al who got me into this again finally got to ride. He lives on the other side of Charlotte otherwise we'd do this every weekend.

Rode in this insanely expensive pack of toys. $28k! for a 4 seat polaris rzr 1000 turbo.

Had a blast though

Check out this insane whatever the heck it is. Its got a 9" lift and 34.5x12x18s on it. Insane.

So anyway, thats what I'm up to this summer.

Last edited:

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Nothing is ever easy.

Fried rings. Not the onion kind.

Piston didn't look too bad? Whatever happened caused the piston to slap against the cylinder wall. It didn't run too long like this but still put a nice little gouge in the cylinder wall.

This what it looks like with out the cylinder 'jug' on it. See the rod leading down into the crank. Now its weird because theres no end cap on the rod. The rod is pressed on to the crank at the factory and you have to buy it as a crank/rod/bearing unit. Luckily there was no play.

New Wiesco piston. 0.010 over, higher compression lighter weight. Pretty nice piston. Had to cover the hole to the crank shaft because the 2 circlips at the end of the wrist pin a super tricky to get on. Most engines you slide the piston/rod into the cylinder, this though you have to assemble the piston and slide the cylinder over it. Took an extra set of hands.

Got it back together yay!