GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

∎∎∎PINK SLIPS/CASH∎∎∎ GTI v.s. COBRA/WRX/CAMARO

WOLF

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
I am sitting at home with a car title for a 1996 saturn.
Yep - raced for slips...well....in a way.
Was changing my core support when this kid pulled up revving his 2015 WRX.
I said "Fck it" and pulled out of the drive way with no bumpers or fenders or hood on the car. (weight reduction level: Paul Walker) :headbang:

Take him bad from first gear on.
~80MPH he is a couple of cars behind and the gap keeps getting bigger.
We come to a stop and he comes up with his excuses but I just pull his leg and applaud him for the pull.
He says his brother got a RS camaro with over 300HP V6.
He hits him up and ~45 minutes later we are lined up and ready to go.
The second LC was engaged, judgment had already been made.

His brother was really cool and complimented my (still hoodless and bumperless) MkV.

He didnt have the car that long and says I am the second one that ever pulled on him.
I ask him who else amd he says a co-workers 95 cobra.
2 days pass and he drives by my driveway with me working on the car again when he says his co-worker wants to race for some cash.

We drove to the car wash were he works and waited about 20 minutes till his co worker got off work.
In the mean time I was looking at his stang.

It said COBRA all over it.
When he got off work he instantly approached me with a very agressive tone.
Me doing my research asked him to pop the hood and realized it was the naturally aspirated cobra.
Knowing that they run ~13.7-14.0 on the 1/4 with a decent driver and bolt ons I felt fairly confident with my 13.6 best time.

He took me for a quick spin in it.
At first I was skeptical that he was flooring it because I expected it to be (A LOT) faster.
But after peaking over and seeing him readline, I started gaining A LOT of confidence.
I agreed to race for $500.
Knowing he could be bluffing and pulling a dirty trick on me like hidden NOS or slow throttle pedal depression during the test spin, I ignored the risks due to all the adrenaline of extra cash and we agreed on each other and shook hands.

We got on I35 and started from a 40 roll.
He honked giving him the slight reaction advantage and about a 1/2 car lead.
reaching the top of 2nd I catched back up even.
Upon his 3rd gear shift he losta whole car length but was creeping up in the beginning of 3rd decreasing my lead to 1/2 car which increased to a little over a car by the end of 3rd.
At ~100MPH he was roughly 3 cars behind.

I was sweating and adrenaline was pumping through me.
We pulled over and he ended up keepin his word....well kind of.
He asked me if I would take an old car instead of the money because he had one worth more than $500 with title that was running good with a little body damage.

He showed me the saturn and I drove it around and agreed.
At first I just felt like I took junk off of his hands but the car actually drives and idles very solid.
I am currently using it as a beater car.
Has a salvage title though.
Ohh well.

But more than the saturn the fact that I had some good wins made me VERY happy and I was VERY PLEASED.

MODS:
--------------
REVO Stage 1 [B8 T4 F9] (~20.5 PSI)
Turbo-Back Catless
BSH Intake
Muffler/Resonator Delete
O2 Spacers
Audi R8 Coil Packs
NGK Laser Platinum Plugs
Carbon Fieber Hood
~150lb weight reduction

0-60: 5.1s
40-80: 5.3s
40-100: 9.2s
0-100: 12.1s

1/4 13.61@108.6MPH

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
I would have insisted on the cash.....if dude agreed to $500, he should pay you $500. Salvage title Saturn is too much hassle to off-load, IMO. Nice wins, though!

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Damn, 108 trap on a stage one is pretty good.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Nice work. Love my stage 1 car.

Prana

Since 88'
Lol, where do you live that you just get revved at in your driveway. Then say fuck it and race him with no hood or front end......

Corgon

Ready to race!
How'd you manage this? I live near San Antonio and there are cops absolutely everywhere, especially on I35. A buddy of mine got a ticket for "racing" an 18 wheeler, cops are crazy down here haha

3.sl06MT

Stout
Car(s)
Honda Accord
Trapping ~109 is extremely high for a Stage 1 car...and unless that Cobra was full bolt on/heads/cam I can't see him keeping up with a 108-109mph car. Seems off to me, but good story and congrats on winning the Saturn lol.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
108 trap is unbelievable for myself...mine never went past 100.xx mph on 92oct @ Stage 1. But then again, mine was a true stage 1 tune with only an Intake done on it. The OP's Stage 1 looks more like a Stage 2 set-up.