GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help: Intake Manifold Partition (valve cleaning)

Neopork

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey dudes and dudettes,

I have a 2009 TSI with 135k. Long story short, I have the intake manifold fully removed in my garage - all went well-ish.

Upon removing the manifold, carbon build-up was definitely the source of my problems. two of the 8 "pins" on the intake manifold partitions were broken. I have the link to the part below at ECS. It looks like these mostly guide the manifold gasket into position, but my question is this:
If I reinstall with two broken pins on the manifold partitions, am I at significant risk for boost leak because these little plastic pins are missing, or will the gasket seal around them be sufficient? Is this a deal-breaker to replace the damaged ones before reinstalling?

I am replacing the manifold gasket of course, but I am just wondering if the pins are going to cause a leak? Whaddya think? Thank you!

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...ke-manifold-partition-priced-each/06h103411b/

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I have a couple broken on mine with no issues.

Neopork

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a couple broken on mine with no issues.

Great, thanks for the reply!

In other news, I had a factory TSB or recall (can't recall which) years ago where they replaced my manifold.
Upon getting my manifold off, I learned that two of the four injectors did not have the retainer clips (black plastic clip with the 3 prongs) on them. Never noticed any driving concerns.

I also managed to pull all 4 injectors out with the fuel rail. Lucky me!