GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with CEL!

jordan_327

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
I drove my car today this morning to a plaza and all was well. However, during my return trip, my CEL turned on. The car seem fine- no weird noise or anything.
I have had the car chipped over a year, and I also installed a carbonio last month, but I neer had any problem. I just had an oil change a few weeks ago. Anyone have any idea whats the matter?

DarkstaR

dope freshhhhhhhhhhh
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
can't really tell, try to locate someone with a VAG-COM and pull the codes.

my guess is it was probably just a cold misfire... did you start up the car at low temp?

BMLracer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI/4
My wifes 08 had a CEL for the Front O2 sensor and a second CEL about 3 days later for the low side fuel pressure sensor. Both occurred before the car hit 6,000 miles. The car ran fine, it didn't seem to lose power. Her car is totally stock.

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
i get that sometimes... no real problems right? i just uplug the battery to reset the CEL (since i dont have a vag com)

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
i get that sometimes... no real problems right? i just uplug the battery to reset the CEL (since i dont have a vag com)

I dunno man...If it flashes and goes out that is an intermittent problem, I would worry about that to much. But a constant on CEL should be taken to the dealer to be checked out, IMO.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
No offense to op but can we make a sticky saying no posting about cels without a vag plz? I mean seriously every week we see posts and there is no way to help these people other than tell them get vag or scan tool. Possibly make a map of people with vag tools in certain areas to help.