GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Power??

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
APR's stage 1 chip is said to put out 252hp/303lbs of torque on 93 octane:eek: , if that at the wheels that could easily make it into the 13's with a nice mph like 103.. i dont know what else apr has done to the car to get this but from what it looks it was just exhaust and chip. so my question is do you guys think this is at the wheels? because if it is then a stage 1 chip, full exhaust, downpipe, and apr's 3" tb should easily smoke a lancer or even a modded neon:evil:(and thats what my fast is trying to achieve) .. post ur thoughts

Skim Diesel

Go Kart Champion
those figures are at the flywheel.

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
ive hear of stock gti's getting 190+ at the wheels

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
ok so having 250+hp at THE WHEELS using the stock turbo would be possible or no?? i mean between downpipe, exhaust, 3"tb, apr chip with soon to come v-tune and also race mode. i dont see it hard to achieve. a buddy of mine got pretty close to 250 @ the wheels with his 20th anniversary on a stock turbo. so this 2.0 should do it

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
blackmkv said:
ok so having 250+hp at THE WHEELS using the stock turbo would be possible or no?? i mean between downpipe, exhaust, 3"tb, apr chip with soon to come v-tune and also race mode. i dont see it hard to achieve. a buddy of mine got pretty close to 250 @ the wheels with his 20th anniversary on a stock turbo. so this 2.0 should do it

250 'ish at the wheels will probably be close to the limit for now. The problem then becomes the fueling issues. It's not going to be as simple to upgrade as the 1.8t because the fuel delivery is at much higher pressures and the system is stratified.

I do know of some turbo retrimming work being done that may boost peak power, but the fuel situation has to be solved first. APR,Giac, and Revo are all currnetly tuning to the stock electro/mechanical controlled pump(s),......but someone will find a way to make more power, somehow. :)

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
so in other words.. the much advertised high tech fuel delivery system on the mkv is actually holding us modders back from achieving max potential on the 2.0

Last edited:

Chris2.0t

GtI 2>0T
Car(s)
2011 Wrx
I believe Apr stg 1 will put the gti in the mid 13's range....correct me if im wrong?