GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kinugawa Turbo

chinovegas

I am considering purchasing a Kinugawa turbo and wasn't able to find much in my research other than they are built in Taiwan. Does anyone have any experience with Kinugawa Turbos or the company in general?

ZluckMK5

Car(s)
06 MK5 GTI
I am considering purchasing a Kinugawa turbo and wasn't able to find much in my research other than they are built in Taiwan. Does anyone have any experience with Kinugawa Turbos or the company in general?

Please don't do that, you are not going to have good luck. The bushings were no good inside mine that I purchased a few years ago. The cheapest turbo upgrade that isn't going to cause you any trouble would be from Doug at Frankenturbo.

Even if you were just replacing your stock turbo as I originally did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
2283 wheel in the k04-064 is billet, why not use a OEM quality one?

chinovegas

IHI OEM manufacturer

Upon further research, it appears the Kinugawa is a part of Kamak which is the OEM supplier of the IHI turbos which came factory on many GTIs. According to their website they simply upgrade the IHI version of the OEM turbo from the MK6 GTIs with bigger turbine and compressor wheels to meet the specs of a RHF5H.

Compressor wheel 43.3/56
Turbine wheel 40/53

They claim it will support 290-330HP and it is direct bolt on with no mods needed. I am in no hurry to purchase and will perform some more research before purchasing, but I am leaning towards the Kinugawa. Who knows, I may just go with a Garrett GTX big turbo and try and work through all of the mods needed.

ZluckMK5

Car(s)
06 MK5 GTI
At least take a peek
http://www.frankenturbo.com/new/F23T.html

I absolutely love mine and ran it with a GIAC stage 1 and an intake. It was a monster!! All of my friends with other set ups or super impressed, it ran even harder when I went too stage 2. That was way before it had proper software options. Two-year no questions asked warranty, trust me don't spend the money twice like I did

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
I ran an f23... till the wastegate broke for no reason... then I waited 6 months for a replacement... good thing it wasnt my daily

ZluckMK5

Car(s)
06 MK5 GTI
I ran an f23... till the wastegate broke for no reason... then I waited 6 months for a replacement... good thing it wasnt my daily

I have heard of people buying a forge wastegate and pre-installing it. I didn't have any issues whatsoever, it was my daily, and I was not nice to it...ever. I was running 23-24psi

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Bought it from doug himself @ frankenturbo.

Took 6 months because they had none in stock and were switching manufacturers.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk