GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RCD-510 (USA version 1K0-035-180-AF) with 9w7 Bluetooth Module and Plug-and-Play

f0ggy987

RCD-510 (USA version 1K0-035-180-AF) with 9w7 Bluetooth Module and Plug-and-Play Wiring Harness

This is a genuine USA (not European or Chinese) RCD-510 made by Delphi. It has a built-in SIRIUS satellite radio tuner (subscription required). The security unlock code is included. It is in great condition with no scratches.

Selling as I've swapped to an RNS-510. $375.00 shipped. Payment via PayPal only.

This is the desirable combination of a late model RCD-510 (AF version) paired with a 9w7 bluetooth module with the correct software (greater than SW27XX) to support the most features:

• The 'phone' button on the head unit works for making and receiving calls
  • A2DP bluetooth streaming works - play music from your phone
  • AVRCP profile is supported - when streaming music from your phone the play/pause/skip controls work from the head unit and metadata (artist/title) is displayed on the head unit (dependent on your phone/music app.)
  • HD radio with station artwork

The plug-and-play harness was originally for an RNS-510 with voice control. In this configuration the microphone is routed through the head unit, however the RCD-510 does not support voice control. I fixed the harness to work correctly with this head unit. I labelled the modified wires for easy identification should you want to return it to the voice control configuration (for some reason).

Included:
  • RCD-510
    • Part number: 1K0-035-180-AF
    • Hardware version: H05
    • Software version: SW0008
  • 9w7 Bluetooth module
    • Part number: 5K0-035-730-E
    • Hardware version: H09
    • Software version: SW2902
  • Foam holder for bluetooth module
    • Part number: 1K0-919-737-M
  • Plug-and-play wiring harness including microphone

Buyer is responsible for ensuring compatibility and whether additional parts are required for their application prior to purchase, I won't be offering after purchase support to help you with your install. Coding of the head unit and/or bluetooth module may be required via VCDS (VAG-COM) and is the buyers responsibility. Steering wheel button support and MFD (dash display) integration is application dependent.

If you wish to install this in a MKV car, you may need a single-to-dual Fakra adaptor for the AM/FM antenna and a Fakra extension cable for the SIRIUS antenna. Both of these are available on eBay for about $10 each.