GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Comfort Control Module Help

mister0wl

TL;DR: Dealer says my Comfort Control Module is bad. Can't find my specific model # (1K0-959-433 D). Is this part interchangeable with other model #s? Also, is it hard to program with no VagCom experience?

Hey, again, everyone!

Early last week, I did a deep clean of my car. Wanted to pull my seats out, so before I did so, I disconnected the battery negative and proceeded to clean up. At the end of the day, I reassembled everything, and reconnected the battery.

I then discovered that my key fobs don't work at all. I tried to reset them following the manual but nothing happened. Also, on the driver's door, the one-touch open/ close window doesn't work; I can't open the passenger window, the fuel door, or the hatch. From the passenger door, the locking doesn't work, but I can open/ close the window from the passenger door.

I was told by the dealer that it's the Comfort Control Module. I was given part number 1K0-959-433 D. I can't seem to find that exact number. Most of the ones I find, the last bit is 2 letters rather than one. Are these parts interchangeable, or do I have to find my specific one? Also, how hard is it to program this module with no VagCom experience?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk