GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR HPFP piston seal went fuzzy.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
They arrived today so I'm posting that size-012 is the proper size. Whether or not VITON 75D(durometer) is correct, only time will tell...unless someone at APR would like to confirm the quad-ring durometer? ? ? Now, on the hunt for the inner; spring-loaded single-lip shaft seal.......APR? Not sure I need one yet, but would be nice to know which it is should I ever...

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
They arrived today so I'm posting that size-012 is the proper size. Whether or not VITON 75D(durometer) is correct, only time will tell...unless someone at APR would like to confirm the quad-ring durometer? ? ? Now, on the hunt for the inner; spring-loaded single-lip shaft seal.......APR? Not sure I need one yet, but would be nice to know which it is should I ever...

Mine came in today. Thanks again. Looks like they are made out of the right stuff. They FKM elastomer can handle higher temps and does not swell in gasoline.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Kool! Yeah, I think these are spot on for the application.
Going to do some searching for the correct rotary shaft seal. While getting this quad-ring installed I will have access to it for measuring. Viton/FKM is likely the type material again.

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
So, I first used a Nitrile/Buna-N o-ring. Having heard from APR of the material for the quad-ring, I ordered the size-012 VITON quad-rings. I then, also checked the Nitrile ring and it was falling apart/shearing at the ID point of contact with the piston. At the same time I swapped it out for a VITON/FKM o-ring to use until the ordered quad-rings arrived. When removing the VITON o-ring for the quad-ring...I noted the VITON o-ring was still in great shape after over a week of use.

I cleaned the retainer nut and inspected the inner "pressed-in" shaft seal and decided, because it appears to be intact, not to measure it right now because I would have to remove it to get appropriate measurements with a caliper. What I will do in the future...is when needed, order a new hpfp w/Autotech internals. This will allow me to further dismantle the shaft seal and retainer nut of the APR internals. For now, I am done....