GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KW ST coilovers question

Ilikethewhistle

Car(s)
08 GTI 4dr
So I installed my ST X coil overs last night. When I went to put in the grub screw on one of the front perches it stripped out immediately. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what they did to fix it. I'm thinking I can just go to the hardware store and get a grub screw one size bigger and receate threads with that. My other idea was to use lock tight on the grub screw since its not torqued at all the lock tight may be able to hold the grub screw without proper threading. Any thoughts or ideas are apprectiated.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
So I installed my ST X coil overs last night. When I went to put in the grub screw on one of the front perches it stripped out immediately. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what they did to fix it. I'm thinking I can just go to the hardware store and get a grub screw one size bigger and receate threads with that. My other idea was to use lock tight on the grub screw since its not torqued at all the lock tight may be able to hold the grub screw without proper threading. Any thoughts or ideas are apprectiated.

I'm sorry.... what's a grub screw?

Ilikethewhistle

Car(s)
08 GTI 4dr
I'm sorry.... what's a grub screw?
The set screw that you screw into the perch so the perch doesnt move.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
It's only supposed to be finger tight or, like you found out, you strip it out

I'd buy a new a perch from KW/ST and swap it out. If you try going to a bigger screw, you'll probably crack/split the composite plastic perch
Loctite probably won't hold it either, IMO