GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sagging Headliner

langer

i fix teefs
Good timing. There's an active thread about this and I come on here to research a sagging headliner.
Mine just let go around dome light due to my shark fin having a nasty leak, probably for a long time.
Not looking forward to pulling off the headliner. Actually doesn't look terrible until you get to the clips near visors.

Do most shops do this kind of work? Or should I search for one who does a lot of upholstery?
I will probably pull it down myself and drop it off. Can't be without the car for any period of time.

navyslideby

Big Turbo Vroom
I did mine myself, wasn't suuuper difficult to get out, just kinda a pain in the ass. But upholstery shop would be your best bet if you don't want to do it yourself. Mine is now plaid, and I got a fabric that was 7% elastic so it was very stretchy and very light.

langer

i fix teefs
I did mine myself, wasn't suuuper difficult to get out, just kinda a pain in the ass. But upholstery shop would be your best bet if you don't want to do it yourself. Mine is now plaid, and I got a fabric that was 7% elastic so it was very stretchy and very light.

I was quoted $400 by an upholstery shop if they pulled the headliner, $200 if I just gave them the headliner and did re-install myself. This is mid-atlantic pricing. Interested to hear what others paid. I think I'll be having them do the whole job, worth it to me to avoid a pain in the ass job.

monoloco

If you're in the Long Beach area, Francisco Upholstery did a great job on my o9 GTI while I waited for less than $200, though i cant remember the exact price...over a year later and its still looking good as new, highly recommended