GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wanted: HID ballast for MK5 golf GTI or R32

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
I'm looking for a HID ballast for MK5 Golf GTI or R32 to purchase as one of mine is dead.
This also goes by many other names such as "Headlight range control module" etc. I'm not in agreement with the high prices that I'm seeing online, so I figure one of you may have a working one here that you are willing to part with. If so, please post the price including shipping to Miramar FL 33023-2840

Last edited:

beauy46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 TR GTI
Did you ever find one? PM Sent

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
Did you ever find one? PM Sent

I ordered one from Amazon. I have it in my possession. I'm going to install it either today or tomorrow. If it doesn't work, I'll take yours from you. Do you have any other items parting with?

I'm so excited to get my downpipe installed today that I can't think of anything else at the moment. I have an appointment with my local dyno later this evening to see the changes.

Arkokes

Passed Driver's Ed
did the amazon ballast work? Im in need of one too, as my bulbs occasionally flicker/turn off. brand new bulbs, does it with both bulbs on that one side, and on that one said the bulb is different color than the other, so im assuming its the ballast.

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
The amazon ballast worked perfectly. My car doesn't use "bi-xenon" however. It uses the self-leveling HID for the low-beam only (for the outer bulbs) and a traditional halogen bulb for the high-beams (what Americans refer to a Flash To Pass).

This configuration works for me as I prefer the "focus" of the Halogen bulb in the reflector. Hence I enjoy having the wide coverage of the low beams and can still get the high-beams to shine far out straight ahead.

To answer your question: The Amazon ballast works just as good as the OEM does (no error codes or anything like that).

willmk4

Go Kart Champion
The amazon ballast worked perfectly. My car doesn't use "bi-xenon" however. It uses the self-leveling HID for the low-beam only (for the outer bulbs) and a traditional halogen bulb for the high-beams (what Americans refer to a Flash To Pass).

This configuration works for me as I prefer the "focus" of the Halogen bulb in the reflector. Hence I enjoy having the wide coverage of the low beams and can still get the high-beams to shine far out straight ahead.

To answer your question: The Amazon ballast works just as good as the OEM does (no error codes or anything like that).

Link to the ballast?