GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rough start up during acceleration on mkv gti

hamh

Hi guys,

I was driving my mkv gti today and notice some rough acceleration multiple times.

It feels like something is jerking whenever I'm reaching 2000 rev and 3000 rev, it doesn't happen all the time, but at least I was experiencing that 3 times in a roll in one single drive. And it only happens when I accelerate from idle, I would think from the lower gear up. Once it gets pass that, the car drives normal.

have you experienced something like that before? I'm planning to give the dealer a visit, but worry it will incur a large sum to fix it.

Last edited:

hamh

to add a little background, my tranny was brand new installed on 2012 due to a damage on the original transmission. So it's still relatively new.

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
DSG, I don't have any VAG tool to check the code :-(

A VAG tool would allow you to change settings, but all you need is a standard OBD II scanner to pull the codes and they're pretty cheap. Also, you have very little info on your car -- what year, how many miles, etc?

Is there a rough idle? Is there over 100K miles? Spark plugs? Over 120K, was the timing belt ever changed?

hamh

No rough idle. It's a 2006 DSG, it has roughly 70k miles on it. Timing belt has been changed before.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk