GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New gauge pod, need to know if there is enough demand

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
Well guys ive been doing my research, and finally found someone who is interested in doing something for our cars but, its a big amount of money for me to drop right off the bat and would like to know if anyone is interested in this

this would be what it would look like except colour matched, and textured so it would look OEM, the only difference is that the gauges would be on a slight angle to face toward the driver

The only other thing i would need to know is there enough demand for a gauge like this, or would you rather have a single gauge up, and or a dual gauge pod let me know and if you are interested please email me at golfmkv@Gmail.com and list

1. Name, and where you are located
2. single, double, or triple pod.'
3. and if you would like to list any other ideas.

Hopefully i would like to get this into production, before waterwagons, which is the end of this month. so i need to know as soon as possible.

Cheers
Oscar

Nikerey

Darkness
Dan - orlando
Triple, it seems to fit really well there with 3 gauges

If this is only for the pod then price would be a big factor. Anything more than 150 seems like it would be a bit high for just a pod.

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
ya definatly depending on the demand the price owuld change right it wouldnt be too expensive as then no one would buy them, i might do a special with wrapped leather maybe about 200 or so, and then the rest would be injected plastic so it would have the same feel and look as the OEM plastic around the center console where its located.

But please email me at golfmkv@gmail.com i need to know if there is enough demand.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
There is a demand...trust me. It has been discussed several times on here alone. I would love one myself.

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
I was thinking anywhere from about 85-110 bucks for the pod, and then try and do some package so that it came with a boost gauge, oil temp, oil pressure, and of course all colour matched for alittle more maybe 200-225 depending if omori would do some good pricing.

tmrakip

Dog is my co-pilot
If it matched the interior (like that one looks like it will) there'd be a big demand for one of those. That doesn't look too 'aftermartket' which is the problem I have with most gauges.

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
this would not interfere with the top vent, although if you mean the diffuser im trying to find a canadian car to see if maybe we can do something that will let the gauge pod sit on top without haveing to remove the diffuser althought that would be extremely hard considering you would still have to run all your wires and everything.

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
I like it as long as it was plastic and matched.

But honestly I wouldn't buy one right now because all I need is a boost gauge and thats on a column mount right now. Down the line I wouldn't mind adding an Oil temp, A/F and something else though.

So if this were something produced I'd look back into it when I've been modded more.

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
Oscar said:
this would not interfere with the top vent, although if you mean the diffuser im trying to find a canadian car to see if maybe we can do something that will let the gauge pod sit on top without haveing to remove the diffuser althought that would be extremely hard considering you would still have to run all your wires and everything.

And actually I never use that vent so I wouldn't care if it were removed or replaced or covered...

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
ya although i have found that some dont use or want it there, there are a few that want to keep it, if i can make it work both ways then i will, but if i can only get it to work without the diffuser, because the install gets to tricky, with it there. Then im going to have to just do it so the diffuser comes out.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Just do it so it comes out.