GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread**

JhnR

Banned
ehh cake

leegf

(OO=[][]=OO)
actually it could turn out to be a great trade for phoenix - amare playing the 4, diaw getting in a better rythym, shaq playing limited minutes and getting healthy for the playoffs to defend duncan. the suns don't fast break every time down the court, and when they don't, they'll have nash distributing to amare or shaq inside, or barbosa, bell, hill, or diaw on the perimeter. nash can make anything work. not to mention, the suns have the best training staff in the nba - they help those who have a history of injuries get and stay healthy; i.e. - Amare, McDyess, Nash, Hill. They can get Shaq into great shape too, no doubt.

okay, this seems to be what mike lupica is getting at (sportswriter for one of the ny dailys, for those not in the know):

http://www.stopmikelupica.com/2008/02/the_nba_explained_pat_riley_is.php

now that the initial shock has wore off, i need to rethink this..

MKvUltra

I'm chasing perfection
Car(s)
your mom
Lakers are at the top of the western conference with a record of 39-17 and a winning streak of 8 games. Plus the win against the suns felt OH SO NICE!!!

We are a force to be reckon with.

yep and the the last time we won this many games in a row on the road the Lakers were champions :biggrin:

LBKEN41

Too close for missiles...
Car(s)
2007 UG GTI 2-door
First time FOR ME since the Shaq and Kobe era that watching Laker basketball has been exciting and fun. It makes me want to watch every game. That Suns game acouple weeks ago was great. To see those two teams in the Western Conference Finals would be sweet! I do have to admit though my first love are the Clippers...yeah I know. Hopefully before I die we'll at least make an NBA Finals appearance.

MKvUltra

I'm chasing perfection
Car(s)
your mom
When Bynam gets back we are going to have an unstoppable starting line up: Kobe, Fisher, Sasha, Bynam, and Gasol and a bench that could be a starting linup for any other team in the NBA Farmar, Karl, Walton, Odum, and Turiaf no one in the NBA has a chance against the lakers :biggrin:

altoid

Cartman
Car(s)
1998 Toyota Camry LE
What kind of shit do they talk and how do they have no class? I lived in LA for two years and it sounds like you're talking about a majority of Laker fans (present company excluded of course).

I'm having trouble finding the stuff (apparently I hold a grudge more than Google), but I remember some unclassy comments by the Suns (Nash, Stoudamire, and D'Antoni, I believe) in previous seasons. I'll try to dig out a newspaper article I can quote or something.

But let's be honest, you don't want to get eliminated 3 years in a row by the same team in the playoffs, do you?

Of course not, but I haven't even followed the Lakers the past few seasons - since the Big-4 year (2003/04).

Fun off-topic video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-p_PudYj38

LBKEN41

Too close for missiles...
Car(s)
2007 UG GTI 2-door
Yeah looks like it. Boston ain't looking too bad now that Garnett got his legs back and lets not count out the Cavs. Lebron got some help now. If he can keep his legs through the Playoffs then he could be a problem.

altoid

Cartman
Car(s)
1998 Toyota Camry LE
Shall we do a golfmkv.com bracket pool for the playoffs, once the teams are decided?

We don't have to actually put anything in, but I'll gladly set up a website where we can all set our picks and see how things go.

(Can you tell I'm excited? Last time I was enjoying NBA this much was the 2002-2003 season. :biggrin:)

altoid

Cartman
Car(s)
1998 Toyota Camry LE
more info please....:biggrin:

I'm gonna' assume that was to me.

Well, I can whip up a quick website where you'd be able to select your picks for the playoff series winners. We could have accounts with the same usernames as here to easily keep track of people's success in predicting how things would go, and the winner can...be proud! We could all chip in for some ubercheap mod and the winner gets it, or something. Maybe something like a decent detailing job if enough of us want to partake in this? Or nothing - I'm sure everyone's wallet would vote for that.

Also, I wouldn't mind hurrying up a bit and getting this done by March Madness, if there's interest. Hell, it'd be a great test before the NBA playoffs. :biggrin:

What do y'all think? :w00t:, :thumbdown:, or :iono:?