After couple fixes...
P000A Code... Camshaft Control Valve solenoid - Slow response bank 1

Along the way...
Oil leak - severe

To date I have mechanically fixed:
Brand new battery 60AMP
New Oil Pressure Sensor => no stop engine warning
New spark plugs, air filter => no misfire code
Fixed the oil leak using bossil fast metal (cracked the cylinder head slightly - when fitting the oil pressure sensor)
FYI the oil leaks minimal amounts from the left side of the engine (probably a seal of some sort - nothing major)
New wishbone as I snapped one - next to no wobble in steering
I used Wynns Super Charge Oil treatment prior to oil change -slight difference still no acceleration...
Used Wynns engine flush and changed the oil 5w-30 shell helix AG and a new oil filter...
New camshaft sensor - (my assumption from p000a - found out it meant the solenoid later off ross tech website)
New fuel filter => I installed the regulated filter => IT SAID 6.6 BAR on it instead of the one I pulled out of the car which said 3.0 BAR!?!?!?!?! (THE CAR HAD NO SERVICE HISTORY THOUGH... so I went with it online it said mid year 2005 they started using pressure regulated filters... - I got someone else to fit it, he fit the side with two spokes wrong at first then swapped them and the car started... also the spark plugs have lots of carbon in the 1 month I fitted them.. and when I did the compression test; pulled the fuel pump fuse, didnt remove any spark plugs and started the car it ran - rough but ran and I repeated it 6-8 times... perhaps lots of residual petrol?!)

So the car accelerates to about 35mph semi okay.... after that 40-50mph very slow and lightyears anything past 55mph unless going downhill, ofcourse... uphill it struggles to get to 25mph and tops off at about 35mph

Currently... no codes on the car... I did a compression test all cylinders ~ 10-11 bars

Next steps I assume...
1. remove camshaft control valve solenoid (check, clean, rig to 12v battery and see if it works) - didn't know the FSI has VVT (lol)
2. Injector cleaner fluid in the tank?
3. Throttle body clean (probably wont do this - might sell car)
4. I bet the timing is off, or something => I dont know how I would rotate the crank for cylinder 1 to be at top dead centre and check the cam markings..
5. Pull off exhaust and see if that removed enables acceleration (seems hard for me to do while on jackstands? - so I cba)

My aim here lol, clearly, is to find someone with working knowledge of this type of problem and provide some insight, whether I should be bothered to do some of those things above... all this being said, I am a student and I dont really want to waste more time on the car....

I have a VAG K+ CAN cable.. but failed to make it work with VCDS Lite...
I may travel to a friend this week who has VCDS and the ability to view live data... but I'm still unsure why the car won't accelerate => Its a 2005 MY GOLF 1.6 FSI PETROL 5 door

Ive driven the 1.6 FSI 2007 and I know this car isn't performing right at all...

Could dirty injectors cause this?... Any other suggestions...

Thanks for reading my sob story...

Appreciate it,
Hooolagon

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
So the car accelerates to about 35mph semi okay.... after that 40-50mph very slow

High pressure fuel pump

I agree. This is a ticking time bomb that the OP should be able to suspect just by looking at the fuel pressure at above partial throttle. I fear BOTH the HPFP and intake cam with cam followed needs to be changed if there is more than a few metal shavings floating around the engine by now.