zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Not us, it was a bunch of hooligans.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
Yall got too rowdy or what?

I just don't think that the county can support that amount of people. You have to think that the entire county of White, Georgia has a population of roughly 27,900 people. If even half that many showed up for SoWo (it was more like 20,000), it can/would/did seriously strain the town and county of infrastructure and public safety resources.

You really can't be that mad at them. I mean sure it's a lot of revenue lost for the town but at some point you have to imagine they will reach the tipping point where it no longer becomes a viable/tolerable source of income. Even if for only 4 days.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
I just don't think that the county can support that amount of people. You have to think that the entire county of White, Georgia has a population of roughly 27,900 people. If even half that many showed up for SoWo (it was more like 20,000), it can/would/did seriously strain the town and county of infrastructure and public safety resources.

You really can't be that mad at them. I mean sure it's a lot of revenue lost for the town but at some point you have to imagine they will reach the tipping point where it no longer becomes a viable/tolerable source of income. Even if for only 4 days.
Well that and the people there probably get sick of all the jackasses that destroy there town and act like total morons.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
Well that and the people there probably get sick of all the jackasses that destroy there town and act like total morons.

The only actual 'destruction' I saw were burnout marks on a majority of the roadways. Sure it sucks but it isn't like they were looting businesses, burning cars, or attacking police. I find the whole comparison to Ferguson and Baltimore to be laughable.

What trash was left, was for the most part cleaned up the following morning by groups of others that were attending the show.

As I said, I certainly wouldn't blame them for not wanting to host it again, but at the same time. This is the same thing that almost all of these venues face every year, Waterfest, H2Oi, etc etc. The real issue is space and lack of resources, not the actual crowd that attends.

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Finally remembered to bring in my alignment numbers from a couple weeks ago. Any thoughts if a cradle shift is worth it with the values below (I'm only listing the ones that the sheet has in red and out of spec).

Right Front:
Camber = -1.0°
Caster = 8.2°

Status
Not open for further replies.