GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Projector fogs, anybody got them ?

drdrew

BMP Gti
Car(s)
2007 DSG GTi
Hey Guys, looking at adding some projector fogs to the MK5 here.
I currently have foglights as standard on the car so it should be a relatively easy swap.

I'm wondering what difference the following kits have.

TMtuning have a kit for 185$ + shipping.
=============================
ECS Tuning kit: http://www.ecstuning.com/stage...=Fogs Cost: 184.88 $ + ridiculous shipping to Canada
Don't think it comes with bulbs, or maybe i can use the same ones? fill me in if you know
Parts4euro kit:
http://www.parts4euro.com/cgi-...ory=2
130$ with free shipping to Canada also.
This one says it's plug in play so I assume their's no wiring harness adapter like the other ones.
EBAY Kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

I think the parts4euro one has a solid price and seems to just work.

Does Anyone have any experience with any of the kits ?

07Noside

Banned

DarkDragon

Passed Driver's Ed
I got my set from a local guy, I don't remember where he got them. I also got the yellow H11 bulbs and the adapter kit from ECS. I love my yellow projectors!

EDIT: It looks like th ECS and Parts4Euro kits both include stock bulbs. I would Email both to see what exactly is in them. Like 07Noside said, I would get the H11 bulbs and do it right.

HDClown

Ready to race!
I have the ECS kit and it comes with H11 bulbs, but they are not white bulbs, they are standard halogen bulbs.

The wiring harness adaptor that comes with the ECS kit is high quality and OEM fit/finish.

The ECS housings are genuine OEM.

drdrew

BMP Gti
Car(s)
2007 DSG GTi
Guys thanks for all the responses :) Can I ship it to anyone of you and then you ship it to me as a gift ?

The ecs canada ease shipping is about 75$.... not really worth it. But that seems to be the best kit.

07Noside

Banned
Guys thanks for all the responses :) Can I ship it to anyone of you and then you ship it to me as a gift ?

The ecs canada ease shipping is about 75$.... not really worth it. But that seems to be the best kit.

Good luck with that consider your shipping a mod to a bunch of mod hungry whores with the same car as you. and no record with no chance of getting your money back. just words of warning.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
I got the TM Tuning ones when they were $177.
Comes with the projector housings, H11 Sylvania bulbs, open-grills, and extra screws/tabs if needed.

But it didn't come with a harness, so the bulbs can't be plugged into the original connectors. Waiting for new plugs which TM is sending me (for free), I'm not so good with wiring/electrics so it will be interesting to see how I'm going to replace the old plugs for the new ones...

golfinred

Spanish user
Car(s)
VW Golf MKV
i bought those ebay projectors,they come with 9600 bulbs,no harness only projector+bulb
they look amazing in my rabbit!!
i love this fisheye style on my fogs