GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Ended up getting the 10k done for free even though I was a month past the time period. Service manager said he'd take care of it, so that was nice. I was hoping that they would since they're only a mile from my home and it's convenient to have a good dealer close.

Interesting thing happened at the end of the appointment though. Service manager pulled me aside and told me he saw that I had Mobil 1 0w-40 in the hatch for topping off. He recommended switching to the Castrol Euro because they worked with VW/Audi for that blend during the VW sludge something something something...

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So are you going to switch?

I think I may. Castrol has a 0w-40 weight as well and the prices are comparable, so it's worth a shot. I know after my MKV had its long block replaced, the new oil fill cap was actually stamped with the Castrol logo. So either the two companies are just feeding off each other as exclusive partners, or they did actually work together.

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
If you cook the moss in the oven for a little bit it kills them, so it's doable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep

Sitting at anchorage in Panama waiting to go through the canal and the sister ship to the El Faro is here. It's headed to the scrapyard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk