GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ABS/Traction Control Issue

triumph

I can tell you that 2011 GTI pump/module combo WORKS. The module part number will be a variation of 1K0907379. The pump will be something like 1K0614517. Some list the pump number and some the module number, it's best to buy used from a newer mk6 as you get both parts. DSG or manual should not matter if it's a GTI, other models like Golf or Jetta I'm not sure. There is a list of various module revisions in this thread-
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87293&highlight=esp+defeat
Pics of mk6 pump

For the price of used modules (100-300 bucks), and if you're going to do it yourself, I agree I would take a gamble on a random Mk6 part number. But I wouldn't guarantee anyone that they will work.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I know 3 people that have successfully coded 2011 parts, just saying.

Craigggx

Thats the route I'm going with, grabbing one from a mk6 and swapping with mine. My buddy has vagcom and we'll go through the trouble of coding it. Keep you guys updated on how it goes.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
is it really as simple as saving the long coding and copying it over? no adaptation?

pulling my engine this winter for other project(s) and want to get this done at the same time.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Yes it is. Some require extra 2 zero at the end, but most pumps the coding is exactly the same. Still need adaptation procedure and then you're done.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
awesome. i'd never get this done otherwise so i'll definitely tackle it now. it is a headache at the track, my wheels locked up going into a turn one time and i spun off the tarmac. I couldn't figure out what i did wrong and then noticed my cluster was lit up like a christmas tree with the ABS/Brake/Trac Control Lights and immediately knew what it was. :mad0259:

BytorJr

Queue in some Queen!

Chalk another one up for failure.

I've had problems before and truthfully was looking at dumping the car and trading it in on something else. It first showed up a long time ago, but I was in the middle of a move.

Move forward to today. Finally got cold here (35 this morning) and my Super Sports were definitely not "super." I got going down the highway when the light changed and for some reason really short yellow'd on me. SO I go to hammer the brakes only to completely trash the Super Sports.

Taking it to my indy here who has the tools to read it.

Is there a summary of how to get the MK VI pump working? If mine truly is failed (I guarantee it is and not a sensor...all four locked up...rears first!), I'd like a cheaper alternative than the 2500+ the dealer wants.

It's about now I wish I'd bought a Toyota instead - despite the fact they have no soul. I'd been warned about VW by multiple reputable people. This car has been pampered and just broke 75K miles and it's had 2 intake manifolds, headliner, A/C high pressure line, motor mounts and my guess is the DMF is on the way out too. Is it possible my dream of getting 200K out of this car is impossible?

Lloyd Dobbler

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome info here. Just had this happen to me earlier this week. Anyone get a non-dealer repair done in Chicago? I'm on the northside. I can handle swapping the parts and bleeding the brakes, but I know absolute zero about vag-com.

Plus, it's like 5 degrees out and I ain't doing this anytime soon.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
is it really as simple as saving the long coding and copying it over? no adaptation?

pulling my engine this winter for other project(s) and want to get this done at the same time.

You need to do the adaptations still. Process that worked for me was:

Install > Bleed > turn on car > paste old coding with 2 zeroes and save > adaptations > turn off car

kern417

Go Kart Champion
You need to do the adaptations still. Process that worked for me was:

Install > Bleed > turn on car > paste old coding with 2 zeroes and save > adaptations > turn off car

thanks for the detail. now just to pick the ideal part number to avoid any future issues and still allow to disable esp when i want.

Nyboy07

Gray Fox
Car(s)
UG MKV