GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars build thread

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
The erection is thread gave me is going to last more than 4 hours.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
wow! nice work dude!

projectDIY

As I have said before, the attention to detail in this build is insane. You definitely deserve a feature for the time and effort you've put in to this.

You need some rear alloy hubs to compliment the rest of the setup. Ive got a set of passat alloy hubs to fit to mine. They just require 2 lower longer mounting bolts but give you a slightly wider track for free as the offset is about 1cm different. Some Scirocco Mk3's such as the R and the tt mk2 (non Quattro) also have alloy hubs which weigh less than the more bulky S3/passat options.

Link: http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?232250-Mk5-Golf-Jetta-Suspension-Upgrades-OEM-and-Aftermarket

Last edited:

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
As I have said before, the attention to detail in this build is insane. You definitely deserve a feature for the time and effort you've put in to this.

You need some rear alloy hubs to compliment the rest of the setup. Ive got a set of passat alloy hubs to fit to mine. They just require 2 lower longer mounting bolts but give you a slightly wider track for free as the offset is about 1cm different. Some Scirocco Mk3's such as the R and the tt mk2 (non Quattro) also have alloy hubs which weigh less than the more bulky S3/passat options.

Link: http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?232250-Mk5-Golf-Jetta-Suspension-Upgrades-OEM-and-Aftermarket

Good to know, I think there is a passat at the local wrecking yard so i'll have to go take a look. I've also been looking for an aluminum rear subframe. I had one for the 4motion setup I sold but haven't been able to find another at a reasonable price because they were never available in the US. Canada is the closest country with cars that had them and customs and shipping fees are a little too high for me. I've also thought about making a tubular rear subframe but that wouldnt happen atleast until I got the engine reassembled and installed

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Good to know, I think there is a passat at the local wrecking yard so i'll have to go take a look. I've also been looking for an aluminum rear subframe. I had one for the 4motion setup I sold but haven't been able to find another at a reasonable price because they were never available in the US. Canada is the closest country with cars that had them and customs and shipping fees are a little too high for me. I've also thought about making a tubular rear subframe but that wouldnt happen atleast until I got the engine reassembled and installed

Subframe delete. Done.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I'm predicting that your car will be back on the road about the same time mine is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
That just means that 2017 will be the year of the stupid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk