GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I finally won the battle with the oil fill neck. It's the small victories that mean the most.

Next up is the noise pipe. I know Raven hasn't been around in a while and PlaidHat (or something like that) didn't respond to my PM, so any cheaper alternatives to the Tiguan pipe?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I finally won the battle with the oil fill neck. It's the small victories that mean the most.

Next up is the noise pipe. I know Raven hasn't been around in a while and PlaidHat (or something like that) didn't respond to my PM, so any cheaper alternatives to the Tiguan pipe?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Integrated engineering makes a fairly cheap silicone cap

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I'd skip the plug and get an upgraded throttle pipe of your choice. I like the Neuspeed.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
The noise pipe delete (the cheap one) was just a big ass plug.

Integrated engineering makes a fairly cheap silicone cap

I'd go with the integrated engineering one. Ravens plug had a tendency to pop off.

I'd skip the plug and get an upgraded throttle pipe of your choice. I like the Neuspeed.

Thanks everyone. Totally forgot about the IE cap. That's right in the price range haha. I'd love to eventually get the throttle pipe though.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
New post for a totally separate conversation. Has anyone ever had to do an in-person assessment with a management psychologist before as part of a job interview? All I know is they will be testing my personality, analytical, and language skills and could take up to three hours... No idea what to expect.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
New post for a totally separate conversation. Has anyone ever had to do an in-person assessment with a management psychologist before as part of a job interview? All I know is they will be testing my personality, analytical, and language skills and could take up to three hours... No idea what to expect.

Fuck that.

My fiance had to do something similar but it was all an online test with some strange questions, iirc it took her like 3 hours to complete. I guess the company actually uses the results though because she said everyone she works with has the same personality.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I'd go with the integrated engineering one. Ravens plug had a tendency to pop off.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I use to have a plumber type plug on mine and that sucker popped off at an autox years ago. That was hilarious. Everything was going good and then boom. Car stuttered and quickly shut off. Probably not the best thing when I'm beating the shit out of the car and then it just shuts off.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I use to have a plumber type plug on mine and that sucker popped off at an autox years ago. That was hilarious. Everything was going good and then boom. Car stuttered and quickly shut off. Probably not the best thing when I'm beating the shit out of the car and then it just shuts off.

People have had their hoods dented from this, right?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Wouldn't surprise me. Mine wasn't dented thankfully. I now have the no longer made Eurojet grenade DV relocation kit that deletes the noise pipe in the process.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Wouldn't surprise me. Mine wasn't dented thankfully. I now have the no longer made Eurojet grenade DV relocation kit that deletes the noise pipe in the process.

Interesting. I think that my new used BSH intake has the port on it for relocating the DV. That may be an option as well. What's the benefit?