GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sagging Headliner

davida

United Grey GTI
Car(s)
'17 Sport CSG
The headliner in my '07 GTI started sagging. Has anyone had this repaired or replaced in Southern California? Any recommendations for a good shop?

davida

United Grey GTI
Car(s)
'17 Sport CSG
They will cover it under warranty even though my car is well out of the warranty period?

davida

United Grey GTI
Car(s)
'17 Sport CSG
I called the Huntington Beach and Long Beach dealers and neither of them would repair it under warranty. Has anyone in Southern California had any luck with getting this warrantied?

pb4ugoout

Ready to race!
I bought $60 worth of faux suede and glue and did it myself. It's not perfect by any means but the flat parts are flat. Troubles are with the complex curves but not enough for me to care too much. If you're not looking for it you won't see it.

Hardest part was getting the damn thing out of, and back into, the car.

Nitrorea

Ready to race!
Mine is starting to let lose from the front and rear of the overhead map light fixture. Just at the edges.

Is that enough to complain to VWOA about?

dankvwguy

i decided to roll the windows down tonight and this is how my headliner ended up when i got home. it had a small sag before but i guess it was just looking for the moment to break lose from the light dome. im the third owner of this 07 gti but it had a CPO up to 64k (currently at 89k). any idea if VWoA would help me if i called them? if not im going to remove the headliner this weekend :/

pb4ugoout

Ready to race!
On an 07, not likely. And you're way too far outside of any CPO warranty for them to do a goodwill replacement. Won't tell you not to try because anything is possible but if I were a magic 8 ball I would say, "very doubtful."

dankvwguy

all good. thanks for the response. i guess its time for me to learn how to remove the headliner. I've found a few threads with info but anyone have any good pointers on removing the headliner before i get started? i need to order a few of those metal clips that need to be replaced.