GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

comment only if you already have GIAC...

koreaniverson

Autocross Champion
im going to awe-tuning on the 26th of this month to get GIAC and just wanted to know your opinion of its performance... im not even sure whether my car is equipped with new or old pump ending with B or F, respectively. i havent had the chance to pop the hood and open up the engine cover yet... i really hope that i have the new pump so i can get the x-chip instead of the sport-chip... like i said, if you currently have GIAC under your hoop let me know how everything is going so far. thanks fellows! holla1

Nikerey

Darkness
koreaniverson said:
im going to awe-tuning on the 26th of this month to get GIAC and just wanted to know your opinion of its performance... im not even sure whether my car is equipped with new or old pump ending with B or F, respectively. i havent had the chance to pop the hood and open up the engine cover yet... i really hope that i have the new pump so i can get the x-chip instead of the sport-chip... like i said, if you currently have GIAC under your hoop let me know how everything is going so far. thanks fellows! holla1

4 of us here in Orlando have it and everyone has loved it so far. The car pulls hard and is great on the hwy. Trolling through the boards i havent heard much negatives when it comes to chips in general. Mainly just negatives from the people installing the chip, so if you trust AWE then you shouldnt have any problems.

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
koreaniverson said:

Where did you get that information from? Like the previous post states above a group of us here in orlando have the GIAC chip and love it. I think there is alot of apprehension out there, but you are bound to run into that because every one has their own opinions. I have heard people take about REVO and how unrealiable it is, when you think about it how could it be when it is not a mechanical part that could fail! There is another guy here that used to meet up with us and as far as power output he was on par with our GIAC. I chose GIAC because of their history and the founder Garret Lim and his attention to detail. I think you will be very happy with it once it is done.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
I have the GIAC and love it... as Nikerey say do a search and you will find tons of info

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
werd... GIAC X-Chip here.. and I would highly recomend it. It's fuckin awsome. Great pull in all gears even in 6th < but with a bit of lag of course. If you got the 16" with all seasons be ready for hella wheel spin.

but to be honest with you... I've had APR on my 1.8T GLI I was happy with that as well. I really think its like intakes: same shit, different company. I'd say just go to the dealer of whatever chip that is closest to you. That way you won't have to drive far for support and upgraded software.

doofoo

Go Kart Newbie
Have GIAC here too.. Chipped at 93 miles, currently have about 1250. No problems at all on the DSG.

I also have a Techtonics DP (I have the new fuelpump as well.) Highly recommend GIAC so far.

-Mike

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
They all went out to FixxTuning in the Tampa area, I believe. They're also planning another trip out there as a group in August...