GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Stg 2. Vs 89-92 Mustang (Box)

It started off with him being in front of me making a right turn onto a cross street. I heard him kinda get on it, as he obvious had straight pipes apparently due to harmful decibel levels. I kinda skip up next to him after making the same turn and let my exhaust talk back. As we move into moderate traffic he's right on my ass, obviously looking for an opening to pull alongside me, he finds it and we take off. We were pretty evenly matched up until 35-40mph and I start pulling ahead pretty strong. We hit a light and line up next to each other, and I can see his little LED boost gauge and all that shit inside, but his window is still up at this point, as he keeps gunning it and slowing, meanwhile his tires are spinning and his car is wobbling in the process. Throwing some serious torque I'd imagine... :bellyroll:

As the light turns green we kinda just ride next to each other and take it easy because the area is heavily patrolled by cops with some decent hiding spots. Out of no where this BMW pulls behind the stang and revs his engine, and tries to act like a hot shot, but it was obvious he didn't have anything to really show for all his whining. We hit another red light, and he rolls down his window, and he asks what all I have done, etc. I didn't have time to ask him what he had before the light turned green. Just for shits I threw it into Sport, and did the whole launch control thing, and let my tires burn themselves a signature on the pavement, as he guns it and does the same. I pull off the white line and we were pretty much neck and neck until about 35-40mph again, and I start pulling strong and just walk away from there.

I figure it was his chromed out wheels that held him back, but maybe I'm wrong and his car is all bark and no bite. Cool guy though, seemed interested in my car, as we sat there for a minute laughing at the douche in the BMW zooming off.

Kool_aiD

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
good kill... those mustangs are seriously the most overrated car ever... i used to walk them all the time in my mk3 vr... and that wasnt as fast as my mkv

i must admit though... they are IMO one of the nicest sounding cars on the road when they have an exhaust... a vr6 is a close 2nd

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
They are called FOX body mustangs through 93.

The problem with them is the quality and condition of most you see are the main reason they perform so poorly. Dont underestimate them, because when you do, you find a 12second Fox body miles ahead.

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
Foxes are nothing special out of the box but they are absolutely the easiest and cheapest car to make fast, and they're tough as nails. I had a 92 LX that went 11.80's with a Vortech blower (and later went 11.30's with nitrous) with only aluminum heads/intake/mass air, gears, exhaust and other small bolt ons. Stock bottom end, stock clutch, stock transmission, stock driveshaft, stock axles... I used to let that thing go at 6000 all day long yanking the front tire 2 feet in the air and it never once broke. I actaully cracked the windhield launching one day before I put the cage in it... lol. I must have melted 20 plugs in that motor detonating the shit out of the nitrous and the motor never, ever had an issue. Forged pistons ftw. Another time I backfired the nitrous so bad there was literally a two foot flame coming out the entire right fender/hood/underbody. Cleaned the MAF up and drove it home.

Drake87

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
i dont no much bout old mustangs what is that a 5.0? or 4.6?

JudgementDEY

Euro tuned Freak
Car(s)
MKV GTI
With 3 grand in the 5.0 stangs you can hit 13.3 all day!! Maybe 12's depends on driver.

vdubya 6

cant spell or tipe!
no the boost gauge does

im saying he may have seen a tach not a boost gauge
cuz a 5.0 turbo would blow him away