GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEW MOD: Passat Light Switch in MKV :) works !!

Golf-V-GT

Burn the lies
other piece of passat cc for the golf v :thumbsup:

and also availiable : chromed window opener keys (on the inside of the door) (dont know whats the right word)

Haggisman14

Cram V
Car(s)
CW 2 Door
sweet lookin switch!

jaguar

Ready to race!
Car(s)
r32
so you guys give me many ideas and now i found something in a german forum: maybe you like it...part is about 40 Euro (part number 3C8 941 431 A XSH )

im looking for a OEM switch to run some "aftermarket" driving lights.
my R32 has Auto headlights and such. i would also like to add the rear fogs too.
will the Passat CC switch in the pic be what i want because it has and auto setting? i do have a VagCom and know that i need to use it for the rears but what about the fogs? when the switch is tuned to the front fog setting is voltage being sent out of it?

also what is the difference between this and the 'euroswitch' with coming home? people talk about that as auto too.
thanks for any help

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
im looking for a OEM switch to run some "aftermarket" driving lights.
my R32 has Auto headlights and such. i would also like to add the rear fogs too.
will the Passat CC switch in the pic be what i want because it has and auto setting? i do have a VagCom and know that i need to use it for the rears but what about the fogs? when the switch is tuned to the front fog setting is voltage being sent out of it?

also what is the difference between this and the 'euroswitch' with coming home? people talk about that as auto too.
thanks for any help

The Passat lightswitch has an Auto setting, sidelight select (I think they're the US DRLs), main beam, and pullouts for both front and rear fogs. Should be everything you need.
DRLs can be switched on by default with VCDS.

jaguar

Ready to race!
Car(s)
r32
Do you have to turn off drls to run this switch?
I have factory HIDs and want to keep everything the way that it is now and just add the fog light options

so I would be able to run a lead off the cc switch to operate the fogs?

cmdrfire

Do you have to turn off drls to run this switch?
I have factory HIDs and want to keep everything the way that it is now and just add the fog light options

so I would be able to run a lead off the cc switch to operate the fogs?

I believe some of the US forum members figured out exactly what to do. Try searching for a howto on the "Euroswitch", I think that's what it was called.

jaguar

Ready to race!
Car(s)
r32
i get lost with the euro switch thing. do any of them work the same as my Auto poistion like my R does now?
thats what drew me to the CC switch, the chrome trim and the AUTO.

cmdrfire

i get lost with the euro switch thing. do any of them work the same as my Auto poistion like my R does now?
thats what drew me to the CC switch, the chrome trim and the AUTO.

The Euroswitch is the European lightswitch. Same as the Passat CC switch, but without the chrome trim. The electronics and settings are the same, so if you search for a Euroswitch how-to guide for US cars you can sort out the wiring for the rear fog and use a Passat CC switch.

cmdrfire

so they function the same but one has an auto position and the other has a coming home position?

They both have the AUTO position. Both the Euroswitch and the Passat CC switch are identical, except the Passat CC switch has some chrome on it.

The "Coming Home/Leaving Home" functionality is enabled via VCDS and does not have anything to do with the switch itself IIRC.

cmdrfire

The coming home euro switch doesn't say auto on it the same way that the cc does. Thanks why I'm asking

Ah, you're right. The Euroswitch has the symbol for Auto lights (headlamps entering a tunnel, one of the more bizarre/obtuse symbols defined by the ISO) as opposed to the "Auto" text (which most manufacturers probably use now).