GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Colour coding tornado red mk5 gti

markcaughey

Ready to race!
What's your opinion on colour coding the lowers on TR gti I am a spray painter and planed on doing this as soon as I got my car but now after looking at other cars with this done I'm not to sure I think it takes the lean look away from the car and makes it look less like a gti however I know TR can sometimes not look its best through phone cameras so can't make a decision

I do agree that the front splitter and top half of the rear valance look better colour coded so it's really just the side skirts. I don't like the idea of half colour coding the car though

What's ur opinions ?

Thanks

markcaughey

Ready to race!
Also what's ur opinions on gloss black monza 2 on TR ?

Any pics would be appreciated

markcaughey

Ready to race!
Finally decided to go ahead with It. front lip(top half)+ rear valance (top half) still not convinced on doing side skirts yet . Very time consuming job but very happy with results pics to follow

Not fitted yet will post more pics when they are

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 2,556

markcaughey

Ready to race!
Primes and flattened before top coat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 2,571

markcaughey

Ready to race!
Rear

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 7,051

markcaughey

Ready to race!
Front

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 3,929

markcaughey

Ready to race!
Rear valance was a nightmare to reinstall

Rear badge repair next !

intercool

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Looks great! I've been thinking of this too. I like the look of doing it all. What paint and primer did you use? Did you get color code matched or actual-matched? How many miles on the car?

I have just over 70K on mine and definitely need to get the paint custom matched. Luckily I know someone. :biggrin:

markcaughey

Ready to race!
Well after only 4 months my rear valance is badly stone chipped on the areas just behind the rear wheels. So think il need to repaint it and invest in a set of mud flaps wich hopefully should help. I was going to do the side skirts this summer but this has put me right off dont mind the rear valance as I think this looks much better coded but don't know if its worth the hassle doing the sides wich I personally don't think make much difference. Anyone on here that's painted the sides let me know how u got on with stone chipping

Would recommend to anyone doing this modd get some mud flaps before hand wich I think would save the rear as the only area that is chipped is the to small bottom corners wich the mud flaps would cover

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Had my lowers painted for nearly 4 years now. Still holding strong.
I say paint them.
Mud flaps.. Not so sure bout them on the mkv. Only ever seen one mkv I liked with them on.

markcaughey

Ready to race!
Had my lowers painted for nearly 4 years now. Still holding strong.
I say paint them.
Mud flaps.. Not so sure bout them on the mkv. Only ever seen one mkv I liked with them on.

Hmm might just be the weather in my country SCOTLAND. Been a lot of grit on the road the past 4 months

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Hmm might just be the weather in my country SCOTLAND. Been a lot of grit on the road the past 4 months
:thumbsup:
valid point. I don't have to worry about any of that where I am now.