GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY How to: Fix the driver's door rattle

McCrash_mkv

Pre-Tuned in Deutschland
Car(s)
08 UG GTI Euro Spec
Hi.

As you may know most of us have the "driver seat belt rattle" damn thing...so these days I was investigating a bit..and ended up with some conclusions that may be helpful for me, and then decided to try something..

I decided to fix MY rattle (I have the "driver seat belt rattle"..that I thought It was the seat belt adjuster, but I turned to be the "B pillar" plastic trims.

ALso cruising at 70mph I was hearing like kinda air is coming inside the cabin...so I decided to fix it too.

So here you have what I did. It worked on mine perfectly, went for a ride an NO MORE RATTLES also did it on the passenger door to prevent :D.

Now I have the glovebox rattle...this noon I gotta get some double sided foam tape..and fix it..
I hope it helps..fell free to comment..

thanks and respect.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 11,321
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 10,738
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 9,105
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 8,652
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 9,473
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 8,660
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 8,549
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 8,526
  • DSC02209.JPG
    DSC02209.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 8,695
Last edited:

McCrash_mkv

Pre-Tuned in Deutschland
Car(s)
08 UG GTI Euro Spec
When I got my LCD screen there was a huge piece of foam.

zap

Ready to race!
Hi
Is this rattle sounds like "window rattling"? I'm having this rattles for all 3 windows/doors (except the rear left passenger)?

McCrash_mkv

Pre-Tuned in Deutschland
Car(s)
08 UG GTI Euro Spec
YES.

Specially on bumpy turns or when entering parking lots.

mikegabriel

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
hmm I have a whistle on my passenger door... sounds like its coming from the front of the window on mine. I took it to the dealer and I have to get it booked at a body shop for them to look at but if I can fix it with foam Hahaha. I am sure its just a bad seal with the weather stripping

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
Car(s)
e36 m3/4/5
I'm going to give this a try, even if it's not the same rattle I have it's still one less rattle to deal with.

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
Just recently I started getting this rattle, it sounds like it is coming from either the B pillar or the left rear door. I hope this is it so I can fix it.

Also I hear a bit of rattling in the glove box but that's because I have a bunch of crap in there too.