GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best aftermarket head unit

Roaldtm

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I love my premium 7 on the GTI but as I travel more and more due to my job, I realize that I need a dedicated navigation system that is not hanging on my windshield or holding my cell phone on my lap. I've been looking at the different Kenwood VW specific head units but those are insanely pricey. My budget for the head unit + all the adapters to keep steering wheel functinality is $450-$500. So what do you guys recommend? I've searched here several times and for the last 72 hours all I can found is cheap android stuff made in china and some other madness here in the forum. Any help opinion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Car(s)
Subaru
Is the premium 6 the 310? I recently bought a 510 that I'm installing this weekend. I payed $200 for the head unit and $80 for a Bluetooth adapter

Sent from my flip phone

BlackedOutMkv

Ready to race!
ANS810 from audiosources, trust me. They are selling for dirt cheap right now since the DNS810 came out. Bought one 3 months ago for my mk6 and couldn't be happier, has no bugs so far (knock on wood), works with MFD, and has a crap ton of extra features like reading oil level, displaying RPMS, etc

Roaldtm

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
How is the compabilty/MFD interface on a MKV with the red MFD. Also isn't 800 MHz a little under power now days? My Motorola cell phone is way more powerful than that.

BlackedOutMkv

Ready to race!
Got mine for $295 plus shipping ($60) direct from Audiosources. Not sure how many of them they have left though.

There are videos online that show the Red MFD compatibility. On my MK6 it displays everything my stock unit did in the MFD except for for song titles (shows time elapsed instead) and navigation

Idk about the Mhz, but I don't think you'd need such a large processor for a headunit unless its running android or something. It works just fine for me, about the same amount of lag between menus as my stock rns315

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Love my Pioneer AVIC Z140BH.

Roaldtm

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Got mine for $295 plus shipping ($60) direct from Audiosources. Not sure how many of them they have left though.

There are videos online that show the Red MFD compatibility. On my MK6 it displays everything my stock unit did in the MFD except for for song titles (shows time elapsed instead) and navigation

Idk about the Mhz, but I don't think you'd need such a large processor for a headunit unless its running android or something. It works just fine for me, about the same amount of lag between menus as my stock rns315

How do you contacted audiosource? I've been e-mailing them and never got a response back. Do you have a phone number for them?

Roaldtm

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Almost ended up buying an EONOS unit but after reading all the horrible stories I'll get the ANS-510 from AudioSource. I finally got a hold of them.

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion