GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32
Handing out infractions for posts that deserved it is not exactly a ban rampage now is it. As I recall, nobody has been banned from the recent infractions, but stand to if violations of forum rules keeps up.

i changed my sig from 2 pics to one is it still too big?

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
Handing out infractions for posts that deserved it is not exactly a ban rampage now is it. As I recall, nobody has been banned from the recent infractions, but stand to if violations of forum rules keeps up.

excuse me for the missunderstanding .. but i really think something need to be done about the way new users can come on here and ask some pretty rediculous stuff that can be SEARCHED

allow me to make a suggestion ..
this works from what i have seen and ive said 3 or more time before ..
for all new users they should make 10 usefull and helpfull posts and then be able to have access to the site ... this will keep the members who decide its funny to creat a new account and post some rediculous things creating a riot upon the thread..

2nd what wrong with cursing ? seems like you gave doug an infraction for using the F word ... to me seems kinda extreme its not like we have little 14 year olds on this fourm ..

please chime in .. JJ

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32
It's fine now. Thanks.

i did also post this in his thread
doug18 said:
lol yea thats the bov for the R also known as the flapper upgrade … also if the OP still checks this thread… if you do feel the need to upgrade your DV upgrade it with another DV if you install a BOV it will most likely throw codes if you want a different sound get a SSQV and resirc it … so there you go /thread

so i was also helpful… im not arguing just wanted to point it out

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
prolly from all that cursing ..

on a side not JJ maybe a mandatory read of a thread u make informing all users on the seach feature ...would be verry helpfull in furture threads ..

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
excuse me for the missunderstanding .. but i really think something need to be done about the way new users can come on here and ask some pretty rediculous stuff that can be SEARCHED

allow me to make a suggestion ..
this works from what i have seen and ive said 3 or more time before ..
for all new users they should make 10 usefull and helpfull posts and then be able to have access to the site ... this will keep the members who decide its funny to creat a new account and post some rediculous things creating a riot upon the thread..

2nd what wrong with cursing ? seems like you gave doug an infraction for using the F word ... to me seems kinda extreme its not like we have little 14 year olds on this fourm ..

please chime in .. JJ

Thanks for the suggestion, but personally I've never liked registering or posting on forums that required me to go through some sort of initiation before I can ask a question. There are many lurkers who simply register to post a quick question because they need help or answers quickly. It's too onerous to ask that someone make 10 useful/helpful posts before being allowed to create threads, so we're not going to start that system here.

If there's a thread created by an obvious troll, I encourage everyone to report the post/thread immediately (via the exclamation icon in the post). I'm notified of reported posts immediately and will then deal with the troll/thread.

As for doug's infraction, it's not his use of a curse that warranted an infraction, but his disrespectful tone and message to the OP which warranted it. Never have I handed out an infraction simply for cursing.

Treat each other with respect regardless how long the member has been registered.... or risk an infraction, it's simple. And if you (this applies to EVERY MEMBER) can't stand a newbie's question, simply ignore it and move on the next thread instead of risking an infraction because you feel you are some sort of newbie police and must put the newbie in his place or pile onto the thread to further embarrass or initiate a newbie.

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
doug18 said:
lol yea thats the bov for the R also known as the flapper upgrade … also if the OP still checks this thread… if you do feel the need to upgrade your DV upgrade it with another DV if you install a BOV it will most likely throw codes if you want a different sound get a SSQV and resirc it … so there you go /thread

i did also post this in his thread

so i was also helpful… im not arguing just wanted to point it out

Yes, that was helpful and also the reason it was one of the few posts in that thread which wasn't deleted. Unfortunately, you did not only make helpful posts in that thread.

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
not to start an argument but i do see what you mean about not having a place like that .. but this is a specific MKV thread and most if not all issues have been covered and a simple search would reveal an answer instead of a thread .. its quicker to find an answer by searching GOOGLE or on A FORUM rather then posting up a new thread and awaiting an answer ..

Status
Not open for further replies.