GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

apollosfury

designeddwk
just got to work. gave in and took my car to the dealership i go to. i know the service manager, parts guy, and the tech who's working on my car. it's been in the bay since 730 this morning and still no resolution. i'm glad it wasn't something simple that made me feel stupid, but i wish it was a fucking enigma. :mad0259:

apollosfury

designeddwk

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
just got to work. gave in and took my car to the dealership i go to. i know the service manager, parts guy, and the tech who's working on my car. it's been in the bay since 730 this morning and still no resolution. i'm glad it wasn't something simple that made me feel stupid, but i wish it was a fucking enigma. :mad0259:

What's wrong with it?

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
My money is on comma in the wrong place. :lol:

apollosfury

designeddwk
What's wrong with it?

mystery vacuum leak and no detected via obd2 port (p3cars gauge). get a CEL for system lean but it only happens when at idle. i have a catch can, rear pcv has been replaced, map is fine, maf is fine, n80 has been replaced, no vacuum leaks visible through spray testing, new re-gapped plugs, new k04 and N75.

the leak has been on and off again since the k04 install but late last week i started it to leave work and it started misfiring and the gauge bottomed out at 26.2" vacuum and hasn't budged since then even though you can feel and hear it boost some. it's not pulling like it should but i'm pretty sure it's in some sort of a safe mode.

hoping they figure it out sooner than later.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
mystery vacuum leak and no detected via obd2 port (p3cars gauge). get a CEL for system lean but it only happens when at idle. i have a catch can, rear pcv has been replaced, map is fine, maf is fine, n80 has been replaced, no vacuum leaks visible through spray testing, new re-gapped plugs, new k04 and N75.

the leak has been on and off again since the k04 install but late last week i started it to leave work and it started misfiring and the gauge bottomed out at 26.2" vacuum and hasn't budged since then even though you can feel and hear it boost some. it's not pulling like it should but i'm pretty sure it's in some sort of a safe mode.

hoping they figure it out sooner than later.

Smoke test it, you'll probably find it quickly.

apollosfury

designeddwk
Smoke test it, you'll probably find it quickly.

it seems more like an electrical issue (sensor or something like that) but that's what they were going to do this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.