ME & MY MKV Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost)

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Just doing some maintenance with my friend [emoji7]

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Just quick update, I bought R20 AWD gearbox, differential, complete rear suspension, brakes, corona shafts, drive shafts, tank, etc...
The gearbox is already in the scrap yard and the rest will arrive from 2-3 weeks, it is already with low KMs, I will post pics once I have everything in the garage.

Oh damn!!!!! I had a buddy offer me his AWD setup off his MKV R32 for $500, was very very tempted. But that's just more parts that would sit for years and I'm not 100% sure I'll end up doing the AWD conversion. I guess once all the other stuff is done it would be the next logical step, but still.

Please document your conversion, I do want to see just how involved it will be. I'm aware of most of what needs to happen and have seen one other guy do it but he posted very little info (as most threads that you'd like to see how they turn out just die).

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Oh damn!!!!! I had a buddy offer me his AWD setup off his MKV R32 for $500, was very very tempted. But that's just more parts that would sit for years and I'm not 100% sure I'll end up doing the AWD conversion. I guess once all the other stuff is done it would be the next logical step, but still.

Please document your conversion, I do want to see just how involved it will be. I'm aware of most of what needs to happen and have seen one other guy do it but he posted very little info (as most threads that you'd like to see how they turn out just die).

The R32 has many differences than the R20 regarding the gearbox fitting, ratio, and differential generation and ratio too.
If you can fit the R32 gearbox then you can contact TVS and they can adopt it to behave exactly like the R20 one.

I will do my best to document the setup, I would even suggest anyone drive larger turbo than K04 to go for the AWD conversion. I have the LSD and it makes differences but still have the traction light almost on when I WOT the acceleration paddle :)

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Yeah, unfortunately an AWD swap is probably in my future, but since we never got a manual version of the R32, I’ll have to find the guts elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Oil Temp doesn't appear with Med9 ECU SW 1K0907115R 0020

I have a question regarding the OEM Oil Temp...

I am using a Med9 ECU with the below details;
- ECU Hardware Number: 1K0907115A
- ECU Software Number: 1K0907115R 0020

The Oil Temperature doesn’t appear in the instrument/cluster, if I flashed the Med9 ECU by 1K0907115Q 0020 SW then the Oil Temperature appears in instrument/cluster.
I tried using the PolarFIS to see if it will work on it or not and I found the Oil Temperature appears with -60 with 1K0907115R 0020; then I flashed the same Med9 ECU with 1K0907115Q 0020 SW and I found the Oil Temperature appears and work normally in the instrument/cluster and in the PolarFIS too!
That means the wiring of the Oil temperature sensor is installed correctly and there is no problem with it.

Also, I tried all the above with ECU Hardware Number: 8P0907115B and same issue and results existed with it too!

Note: The Oil Temperature sensor is the VW OEM one not an aftermarket one.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
What are you doing with that old 2867R turbo???? Is it still in good shape?

Really excited to see what the new turbo and setup can do!!

I will store it for a while, then I will install in another car. Most probably I will buy a Tiguan.
Turbo is still in a good shape, I rarely push the car hard!

I wanna see the new kit too but still long path for tuning. I will tune the car to run perfectly first with fuel pump only then I will install the Aquamist WMI and start tuning the car for it.
More over I should have 2 different files for the gearbox too in order to match with the different power levels.

Last edited:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I will store it for a while, then I will install in another car. Most probably I will buy a Tiguan.
Turbo is still in a good shape, I rarely push the car hard!

I wanna see the new kit too but still long path for tuning. I will tune the car to run perfectly first with fuel pump only then I will install the Aquamist WMI and start tuning the car for it.
More over I should have 2 different files for the gearbox too in order to match with the different power levels.

If in the event you decide you don't want to keep that turbo let me know. De0ending on shipping cost, etc I might be interested. Just some food for thought.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Here are the updates;
Installed the TurboZentrum EFR7163 kit after few modifications!

The kit didn’t fit directly because of the 1.5bar wastegate, so I had to remove the wastegate bracket and increasing the wastegate bolts location by 3mm, then install the kit and tight the wastegate after that.

Removed the bracket from turbo by losing the 3 red bolts;

And from the wastegate from losing the 2 green bolts;

As you can see there is small space between the wastegate bolt and the circle which reflect the 3mm has been increased.

Also, I had to shave the banjo bolt cone with the kit in order to make it fit. It fits but with only 1mm far from the WG but not touching it, I will replace it by the OEM banjo bolt as it is smaller and will fit much better.

It was very hard to install the 3.5” custom intake inlet because of the space but I succeeded at the end. Wish if I listened to Eric and have the air intake inlet 2.5” or 3” maximum!

Installed the K04 3” DP, wrapped the TP;

Installed the Milltek exhaust, I love it [emoji7]

I checked the spark plugs (after 24h from installing it) and I found it black which means the car running very rich!

This is how it looks now after installing all parts.

Now, I have problem with the car while starting in the cold start or even during the normal day. The car took too much time in order to start and then the engine turned off! It works only if I press the acceleration paddle for one minute (doing the cold start manually).

https://vimeo.com/251445781

The below parts are installed during the TurboZentrum EFR7163 kit installation:

- TurboZentrum EFR7163 kit
- RS4 injectors
- R20 intake camshaft
- IE manifold
- 3.5” custom air intake
- DM EFR7163 Revision file

Nothing more, nothing less and before that the car was starting quickly from the first key turn and very smooth with quite engine sound.

I did some VCDS checks and here the results:

The variation in fuel rail is very strange!
I even returned back the previous GTX file which was calibrated for S3 injectors and GTI camshaft and the fuel rail variation is still the same!!

What do you think?
All ideas are welcome!

Last edited: